Anyone waiting for J1 waiver USCIS final approval

BOG

Hi bk478,

I have a question: how did you know that your case got approved by USCIS? Did you see it online or did you get contacted by USCIS to let you know?

I realized that the DOS had the wrong address and therefore I didn't receive the receipt number. So I don't have any means to check my status. Your case got approved by DOS around the same time as me so you would think that USCIS already approved my case, no?

I emailed the DOS several times to give them the right address but no answer..

This whole procedure is so frustrating...

Thanks

Sharing my timeline.

2016-01-27 NOS Received

2016-04-01 Favorable recommendation sent

2016-04-05 USCIS received the case

2016-04-26 Case is approved at USCIS.

Waiting for paper mail from USCIS.

Cheers.

SoM11,

DOS sends your case to USCIS. When USCIS receives the case they send mail to your mailing address. USCIS does not use your envelope. Inside the mail is I797C form with USCIS receipt number. Using this receipt number you can check the status of your case online on USCIS website. You can also sign up for alerts.

If DOS had the wrong address, most likely they gave the wrong address to USCIS. If I were you, I would call USCIS to find out the receipt number. They should be able to look it up for you.

Good luck.

• 8 months later...

Hi SoM11

Did you get your approval from USCIS ? how long did it took ? I am sailing in the same boat as you were .. DOS has sent favourable recom to USCIS on 12/20/2016 however havent heard anything back from USCIS not even the receipt. Also if you can share your timelines again & let me know what did you do to follow up with USCIS  ? i called them hwoever theyt keep on saying my data is not in their systems. So I am confused on where to track the case as DOS has already send the letter but its not received by USCIS yet.

Your help is much appreciated.

18 hours ago, ketanadkar said:

Hi SoM11

Did you get your approval from USCIS ? how long did it took ? I am sailing in the same boat as you were .. DOS has sent favourable recom to USCIS on 12/20/2016 however havent heard anything back from USCIS not even the receipt. Also if you can share your timelines again & let me know what did you do to follow up with USCIS  ? i called them hwoever theyt keep on saying my data is not in their systems. So I am confused on where to track the case as DOS has already send the letter but its not received by USCIS yet.

Your help is much appreciated.

Hi there,

I am in the same situation like you. DOS recommendation sent on 12/21/2016, but so far nothing heard from USCIS. Call USCIS for nearly 10 times and they keep saying that I am not in their system.

How should we do in the next step...

Archived