Filing Multiple H1B petitions

sharmalov1984@gmail.com

Hi,

I am from India. I have got two H1B offers. Can i file multiple petitions. If yes, then please tell me what happens when i will be selected in lottery..

a. If i get selected for one of the employers and not selected for other, Can i go for H1 Visa stamping without any problem?

b. If i get selected for say both the employers. What are the challenges i will face then and please guide me the best steps to take after that..

Yes, i meant my employer is filing H1. 

Please answer my below question as well..

a. If i get selected for one of the employers and not selected for other in lottery system, Can i go for H1 Visa stamping without any problem?

b. If i get selected for say both the employers in lottery system. What are the challenges i will face then and please guide me the best steps to take after that..

You can have multiple petitions filed on your behalf, as long as the companies are not "related" - you should note that USCIS has become vigilant on the issue of "related" companies filing multiple H1Bs for the same person, which is not permitted.

If i get selected for both the employers in lottery system. Can i reject one of the employer without any problem and go ahead with the employer of my choice...

If i get selected for both the employers in lottery system. Can i reject one of the employer without any problem and go ahead with the employer of my choice... I

Yes, you can. But why would an employer spend the money for an H1 if you don't intend to work there???

No sane employer would do that.

So, the best is to commit to one employer from the start.

If i stick to one employer then there is less chance of getting through lottery system. So to get the better possibility of getting through lottery system, i was thinking to have multiple petitions filed on my behalf. Please suggest if my step is correct or not..

As I said, no sane employer would file an H1 for you if you are not going to work for him.

And you can not pay for the H1.

The best option simply is to stick with one employer.

That is what maximizes your chances. Having multiple employers file for you pretty much guarantees RFEs and denials.

This year, i have two different employers who are ready to file my H1B this year. They are not related to each other and they are not aware of multiple petitions filling on my behalf as well. As we have lottery system so i am feeling bit lucky to get multiple offers for H1B this year which will improve my chance of getting through lottery system as well. Please let me know that is it safe to go for multiple petitions at the same time..

Archived