All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
prince_2794

H1B matamoros successful stamping on 12/08/15

I would like to share my recent experience of H1B visa stamping at Matamoros, Mexico. Hopefully, this thread can be helpful for others who need it.

Details
=====

Date of Stamping: December 8th, 2015

US VISA Requested: H1B 
Appointment time: 9 am
Status chain: H1B ext
Consular Trip Service used:  Salvador services (Extremely helpful)

Documents I brought with me
======================

1. Passport (old and recent)
2. Form DS 156 confirmation
3. Degree Certificate

4. I-140 Copy

5. Pay stubs
6. H1B filing documents
7.  I-797 (Approval Notice)

8. Employment Verification Letter / Offer Letter

9. W-2's 

10. Bank Statements

Tip
===

1.    Remember all your documentation!

2.    Come to either Brownsville, TX or Harlingen, TX (cities near the border) a day before your finger print appointment.

3.    If you fly, I suggest don't buy return ticket immediately. You may need to stay overnight at Matamoros since the VISA processing for Third Country can take up to 24 hours.

4.    During the interview, only answers the questions they ask. Do not explain too much as they might get confused and will ask you more and more questions.

Experience
========

Visa stamping in Matamoros is very simple and easy.  you can use Salvador  Service to help you with the transportation, it is all up to you.

I flew to Brownsville, TX, TX on Dec 6th, 2015  and Mr. Salvador  came to pick me up. Since I would like to be in the Consulate early the next day.

The next day, Dec 7th , Salvador picked me up at 8:30 am at the hotel for finger printing .  We are done with  ASC center finger prints in 15 minutes and back to hotel. We went straight to the US Consulate at Matamoros. 

The next day, Dec 8th , Salvador picked me up at 7:30 am at the hotel. We went straight to the US Consulate.

Just after I entered the consulate, the front desk checked my Passport, I-129 and I-797.

Interviewer: Good morning

Me: Good morning.
Interviewer: What do you do for living?
Me: XXXXX

Interviewer: Where are you located?

Interviewer: For what company are you going to be working?
Me: ABC company

Interviewer: Show me your i-140 copy

Interviewer: Show me your degree certificate?

Interviewer: Congratulations your visa is approved

Me: Thank you. Have a nice day.

I have n't received my passport on the same day. It took 3 days  for them to  return my passport . Usually people will get it on the same day or next day.  In my case some information is missing that's the reason it took long. In case of delay be patient and visit consulate daily.

Got my Passport on 12/11 and  reached border at 04:00 pm

I walked to the CBP office (located exactly at the border), and paid 30 cents to cross the border. I gave them my passport and waited for 1 hour!!!

In the CBP office:

1. My fingerprints recorded
2. They ask few questions like:
- Where are you gonna be staying in the US
- Who is you employer?

3. Paid $6.00 for I-94

then I crossed back to US!!! 

That is it... It wasn't as bad as I expected. If anyone has any questions regarding my experience, you are more than welcome to ask and I will be glad to answer.

Hello,

Congratulations and Thanks for sharing the details.

I am planning to go Mexico for my H1 visa stamping (this is my second stamping). 

My current visa expires on December 31st, 2015 and have the new i797 starting January 1st, 2016 and m planning to go on January 24th, 2016. Do I need Mexico visa? Or is there visa on arrival on Indian passport. Please help.

Thanks

I would like to share my recent experience of H1B visa stamping at Matamoros, Mexico. Hopefully, this thread can be helpful for others who need it.

Details

=====

Date of Stamping: December 8th, 2015

US VISA Requested: H1B 

Appointment time: 9 am

Status chain: H1B ext

Consular Trip Service used:  Salvador services (Extremely helpful)

Documents I brought with me

======================

1. Passport (old and recent)

2. Form DS 156 confirmation

3. Degree Certificate

4. I-140 Copy

5. Pay stubs

6. H1B filing documents

7.  I-797 (Approval Notice)

8. Employment Verification Letter / Offer Letter

9. W-2's 

10. Bank Statements

Tip

===

1.    Remember all your documentation!

2.    Come to either Brownsville, TX or Harlingen, TX (cities near the border) a day before your finger print appointment.

3.    If you fly, I suggest don't buy return ticket immediately. You may need to stay overnight at Matamoros since the VISA processing for Third Country can take up to 24 hours.

4.    During the interview, only answers the questions they ask. Do not explain too much as they might get confused and will ask you more and more questions.

Experience

========

Visa stamping in Matamoros is very simple and easy.  you can use Salvador  Service to help you with the transportation, it is all up to you.

I flew to Brownsville, TX, TX on Dec 6th, 2015  and Mr. Salvador  came to pick me up. Since I would like to be in the Consulate early the next day.

The next day, Dec 7th , Salvador picked me up at 8:30 am at the hotel for finger printing .  We are done with  ASC center finger prints in 15 minutes and back to hotel. We went straight to the US Consulate at Matamoros. 

The next day, Dec 8th , Salvador picked me up at 7:30 am at the hotel. We went straight to the US Consulate.

Just after I entered the consulate, the front desk checked my Passport, I-129 and I-797.

Interviewer: Good morning

Me: Good morning.

Interviewer: What do you do for living?

Interviewer: Where are you located?

Interviewer: For what company are you going to be working?

Me: ABC company

Interviewer: Show me your i-140 copy

Interviewer: Show me your degree certificate?

Interviewer: Congratulations your visa is approved

Me: Thank you. Have a nice day.

I have n't received my passport on the same day. It took 3 days  for them to  return my passport . Usually people will get it on the same day or next day.  In my case some information is missing that's the reason it took long. In case of delay be patient and visit consulate daily.

Got my Passport on 12/11 and  reached border at 04:00 pm

I walked to the CBP office (located exactly at the border), and paid 30 cents to cross the border. I gave them my passport and waited for 1 hour!!!

In the CBP office:

1. My fingerprints recorded

2. They ask few questions like:

- Where are you gonna be staying in the US

- Who is you employer?

3. Paid $6.00 for I-94

then I crossed back to US!!! 

That is it... It wasn't as bad as I expected. If anyone has any questions regarding my experience, you are more than welcome to ask and I will be glad to answer.

Hi

Why did it take 3 days to get your visa stamped? Did they offer any reason? 

Thanks