All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
kgdesi

Travel to India while H1B amendment is under processing

Hello experts,

I have H1B visa stamping valid till 2018(visa stamping done early this year). Recently i have got a project with new client(still same employer) and my employer applied for H1B amendment(it is still under process). Now I need to go to India due to family emergency. Can I travel out of the country with my condition and come back with out any issues at Port of Entry?

Please this is very urgent. Your replies are much appreciated.

best to check with an attorney - if you have a stamped already, shouldn't be a big deal. I have travelled and came back without an issue last time while the amendment was in progress. in fact mine was approved few days after I landed back.

Hi Guys, I have returned to USA with out any issue with my existing Visa. They didn't ask me about any documents or letters, though i carry a letter from my employer, amendment petition and current I-797. My amendment is still pending with USCIS

Thanks kgdesi.

@jairichi, can u stop giving irrational suggestions...

What is the irrational suggestion provided? Just because few people entered US when amendment is pending does not mean that everyone can do so.

Hi,

I am in the same situation and the suggestion provided by Jairichi is the actual suggestion that any attorney will provide. However, if there is no change in Employer or if the Visa & WP is valid then in most cases people can enter without many issues. But again, to be clean, you should travel with the hard copy of the approval along with you.