No Update Since March 3rd 2015

shaunbroughton74

I was wondering if someone could help me? I filed my N-400 in February and got a receipt date of March 3rd 2015. Nothing has been updated on my status on the USCIS website since that date. I did go for fingerprints sometime in April, but even that has not been updated on the USCIS website.

My local office, Houston is now working on cases from March 30th and I'm beginning to feel something is not right. I did call and file an inquiry but those take 45 days.

Anyone have any insight as to what may be going on with my case?

Thanks

Shaun

• 1 month later...

Hello, Any updates in your status? I am in similar situation. I together with my wife and son submitted our N-400 applications. We all went for our biometrics on the same day. My wife and son have since become US citizens. However, there has been no update for me. The New York office processing time is now 5 months for N-400 applications. I called USCIS with a request to create a service request as the case is now outside the processing time. However, they did not even create a SR on the plea that the case is within the processing time even though their own website says the processing time is 5 months and it has been 6 1/2 months since I filed my application. I tried to create a SR on my own using the e-request for outside the processing time. The system did not allow me to do that with the same message - the case is within the processing time.

I do not what else one can do. 

• 3 weeks later...

Yes

I made a status inquiry on November 13th and on November 30th they sent me a letter scheduling me for my interview which was yesterday January 6th 2016. The interview was a pleasant experience and was no more than 5 minutes long. At the end of the interview, the officer congratulated me and said to wait in the waiting area for my Oath Ceremony date. This took 1 1/2 hours and I am scheduled for my oath next Thursday the 14th. Finally my dream to be a US citizen has come true.

• 9 months later...

Archived