221g - vancover on Nov 12

Nrkshc

VO: Did you work on OPT?

Me: Yes

VO: How long have you been working in US?

Me: More than 3 years

VO: How often you get paid?

Me: Monthly Once

VO: Can you give your LCA?

Me: sure mam

VO: Can you also give me your Pay stubs?

Me: i handed over my paystubs

VO: Whats your annual income?

Me: 65k per annum

VO: Why is your annual income not matching with your pay stubs?( My paystubs salary shows 6000 per month)

Me: Again i told My annual income is 65000k per annum

VO: whats your back ground ?

Me: Computer science

VO: Masters?

Me: Yes mam

She took my Passport, I797,  LCA and Pay stub Your case need to go through special process. Hopefully you will get to know in a week.

Me: Do you need any documents from me?

VO: No

Me: How long it will take?

VO: Hopefully a week

Even i got the 221g Yellow slip in Calgary, they asked me only my resume, DS form.

Yellow slip explains that consulate will verify the required docs as shown in below, but still i am waiting for the update,

Blue Slip: A 221g Blue slip is given when the additional documentation is required. After submitting the required documents, a decision will be taken by the Consulate.

Pink Slip: A 221g Pink slip is handed out when your application needs further administrative processing. The consulate will notify you once the processing is done. This form is most likely issued when the Visa Officer is doubtful about your current employer or work related information. You will be given a reference id and you can track the status online.

Yellow Slip: A 221 g Yellow slip denotes general type of administrative processing. The Consulate looks at all the documentation provided by the candidate and the employer.

White Slip: A 221g White slip denotes requirement for further processing by the USCIS. The Consulate pushes back these kinds of cases to the USCIS and the decision is taken based on the information obtained from the USCIS. 

This is the 4th week i am waiting for the update, I am not sure why consulate is taking this much and also they are not asking any documents which they require.

Anyone has idea on this?

Hi Nrkshc did you get any update?

VO: Did you work on OPT?

Me: Yes

VO: How long have you been working in US?

Me: More than 3 years

VO: How often you get paid?

Me: Monthly Once

VO: Can you give your LCA?

Me: sure mam

VO: Can you also give me your Pay stubs?

Me: i handed over my paystubs

VO: Whats your annual income?

Me: 65k per annum

VO: Why is your annual income not matching with your pay stubs?( My paystubs salary shows 6000 per month)

Me: Again i told My annual income is 65000k per annum

VO: whats your back ground ?

Me: Computer science

VO: Masters?

Me: Yes mam

She took my Passport, I797,  LCA and Pay stub Your case need to go through special process. Hopefully you will get to know in a week.

Me: Do you need any documents from me?

VO: No

Me: How long it will take?

VO: Hopefully a week

Consulate person replied to mail

"Dear Sir,

Your case is undergoing review. Unfortunately we cannot give an accurate timeline on how long this will take. At this time we do not need any further documents from you. If that changes you will be contacted.

We realize that these extended time periods cause frustration to many individuals, and we are sensitive to the fact that the purpose of the nonimmigrant visa program is to facilitate legitimate travel to the U.S. Nonetheless, the Consulate General in Vancouver, like all U.S. Embassies and Consulates, must adjudicate visas in accordance with the provisions of the law, and, in some cases, this involves extensive administrative processing.  While we cannot predict when the processing of your visa will be completed, please be assured that the Consulate General and the State Department are aware of your concerns and will do all we can to see that the visa is adjudicated as soon as the review is complete."

Archived