Resignation!!!

anand7

Hi All,

Recently I've resigned from a company where I joined 5 months back. But they're now threatening me by saying they'll sue me if I do not take back my resignation.

Here are some excerpts from my offer letter -

"Your employment with XYZ  is of “at-will” nature and either party can terminate with or without cause giving two weeks notice."

"During the course of employment with XYZ and for at-least a 12 month period following your employment with XYZ, you agree not to directly or indirectly solicit business or become employed with a customer where you have been introduced unless mutually agreed upon. You will also agree to sign a confidentiality agreement as part of your onsite joining formalities."

Again after joining I also signed an Employee Non-Disclosoure form in which one point it has mentioned as -

"Employment & Solicitation: XYZ seeks your employment commitment for a period of 1 year from the date of joining. Further, employee agrees that by performing services for XYZ's client and its customer, employee may develop certain relationships with client representatives and associates. Employee agrees not to solicit employment directly or indirectly during the course of tenure and for a period of 1 year thereafter.”

Please help and suggest:

1. What if they don't accept my resignation which I've already given.

2. What could be the implications?

Thanks in advance.

Archived