H1B stamping Experience in Vancouver

sandy5

Hello All,

I attended first H1B visa stamping today in Vancouver. Here is how it went.

Appointment time : 7:15 AM. Allowed to consulate around  7:00 AM. Verified DS160, I797, Passport and Passport Photo.

Took my phone and kept it in a locker.

Headed for the security and then before giving Finger prints, Verified PIMS update.

For me, they pasted a slip saying, NO PIMS UPDATE FOUND on my passport.

After that, I gave my finger prints and then asked to go to 20th floor for interview.

I waited for around 20 mins, to get my chance. 

I went to 3rd counter ( So called Chinku ) :-)

Me : Very Good Morning Officer.

VO : Good Morning.

VO : Give me your Passport

VO: You did your masters in US.?In which stream.?

ME: Answered

VO: Before H1B , Are you in OPT.?

Me: Yes Officer.

VO: DO you have your OPT documents.?

ME: Handed my OPT cards.

VO: When did you get your H1B.?

Me: Answered.

VO: I'm approving your H1 Visa, It may take a few days more than usual because there is an administrative processing on our end, to get your passport back and handed loomis contact details green paper to me.

Me: DO you need any documents from me,.? And how many days does that processing take.?

VO: No need and I don't know.

Does anybody faced this kind of situation Vancouver.? And How many days  does it normally take to get passport back in these kind of situations.?

Any comments are appreciated. Thank you.

Usually, it should not take longer than few days to a week. I visited Vancouver between 27 Oct, 2015 to 01 Nov, 2015 for my H1B renewal stamping as the appointment was on 28 Oct, 2015. Since my H1B extension was done back in April, 2014 I didn't have any problem with PIMS updates and received my passport on 30 Oct, 2015 i.e. 2nd after interview. If your H1B is recently approved or recently renewed, then there are chances that the up to date information of your case might not be available in USCIS systems. So be patient and things should go well. Good Luck!!

Hello All,

I attended first H1B visa stamping today in Vancouver. Here is how it went.

Appointment time : 7:15 AM. Allowed to consulate around  7:00 AM. Verified DS160, I797, Passport and Passport Photo.

Took my phone and kept it in a locker.

Headed for the security and then before giving Finger prints, Verified PIMS update.

For me, they pasted a slip saying, NO PIMS UPDATE FOUND on my passport.

After that, I gave my finger prints and then asked to go to 20th floor for interview.

I waited for around 20 mins, to get my chance. 

I went to 3rd counter ( So called Chinku ) :-)

Me : Very Good Morning Officer.

VO : Good Morning.

VO : Give me your Passport

VO: You did your masters in US.?In which stream.?

ME: Answered

VO: Before H1B , Are you in OPT.?

Me: Yes Officer.

VO: DO you have your OPT documents.?

ME: Handed my OPT cards.

VO: When did you get your H1B.?

Me: Answered.

VO: I'm approving your H1 Visa, It may take a few days more than usual because there is an administrative processing on our end, to get your passport back and handed loomis contact details green paper to me.

Me: DO you need any documents from me,.? And how many days does that processing take.?

VO: No need and I don't know.

Does anybody faced this kind of situation Vancouver.? And How many days  does it normally take to get passport back in these kind of situations.?

Any comments are appreciated. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived