2 H-4 approval notices issued for my wife with different end dates

sethiruchi

My wife's visa was expiring in March 2015, so we had filed a I-539 in March for the extension of her status based on my H1 approval at that time ( which was valid till 26 Dec 2015). We did not get any response from USCIS on her pending I-539 till this week. In the meanwhile, we filed for my H-1B renewal in August 2015. We also filed for her H4 extension along with my H1 extension. We had filed the H1 extension in premium processing and hence got 3 year extensions for my H1 and her H4 in August itself valid till August 2018. This week we got an approval notice for her old pending I-539 application. This approval notice states that her H-4 is valid until Dec 2015. The one that got approved on 10/21/2015 is the one we had filled for earlier in March 2015 based on my old H1 approval. Hence, that is valid till 12/25/2015. The I-94 on both the applications is the same. We had attached the Notice of Action for the pending I-539 application when we filed the new I-539 in August.

Is my wife's H4 status still valid till August 2018 based on the approval notice we got in August or is it only valid till Dec 2015 based on the new approval?

Archived