Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
book4me

H1b stamping for a FTE.

Recommended Posts

I am a FTE in a reputed US company (< 30,000 employee) for last 4 years. I have approved I 140 from the same employer. This is my 8th year oh H1b extension. I have all the proper documents and everything. Do I face any problems during my visa interview? Please need your valuable suggestions.

Share this post


Link to post

Why do you think there would be problems?

FTE should not result in any problems.

Share this post


Link to post

Bookforme - The harsh truth is nobody knows. I am a FTE with a Non profit hospital and lived in america for 15 years and yet i am struck in Canada with a 221 G for the past 4 weeks. So the only piece of advise i can offer is to go home for the stamping. Thats it.

Share this post


Link to post

book4me,

 

You never know what VO will be looking at, even for FTE. Most of the time when giving 221G they won't mention the reason. They will just say they need more information to approve the visa. Go online and search for "Security Advisory Opinion" in Wikipedia and you will know what triggers administrative processing. 

 

Its better to go to home country than any other country. But if you really want to go to other country then be prepared for worst case like 221g. Make sure you can afford living there for couple of weeks just in case.

 

I am an FTE from a reputed company with close to 50k employee, 7th year of visa, with approved I140, working in same company since 4 years, have 4 previously issues visas till date (one F1 and three H1B's).

But now stuck in Canada since two weeks after VO showed me yellow slip. As per latest trend I may still have to wait 2-3 weeks before I can get my visa.

 

Hope this helps.

Share this post


Link to post

book4me,

 

You never know what VO will be looking at, even for FTE. Most of the time when giving 221G they won't mention the reason. They will just say they need more information to approve the visa. Go online and search for "Security Advisory Opinion" in Wikipedia and you will know what triggers administrative processing. 

 

Its better to go to home country than any other country. But if you really want to go to other country then be prepared for worst case like 221g. Make sure you can afford living there for couple of weeks just in case.

 

I am an FTE from a reputed company with close to 50k employee, 7th year of visa, with approved I140, working in same company since 4 years, have 4 previously issues visas till date (one F1 and three H1B's).

But now stuck in Canada since two weeks after VO showed me yellow slip. As per latest trend I may still have to wait 2-3 weeks before I can get my visa.

 

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply. But I need one information. Are you from IT industry or any other industry?

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks for your reply. But I need one information. Are you from IT industry or any other industry?

I am from construction & mining industry working as a mechanical engineer since last 8 yrs.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×