H4-EAD approval taking too long

Mumu

Mumu:

Did you just apply for the H4 EAD, or was there a concurrent H4 change-of-status filed with it? Processing time for an EAD is normally 60-90 days, but the change of status would take much longer, generally. 4 months is outside normal processing times for a stand-alone EAD.

I have applied for H4 EAD only. Yesterday i have raised a service request with USCIS and waiting for response.

Mumu:

Did you just apply for the H4 EAD, or was there a concurrent H4 change-of-status filed with it? Processing time for an EAD is normally 60-90 days, but the change of status would take much longer, generally. 4 months is outside normal processing times for a stand-alone EAD.

got reply from USCIS about Service request and it says it might take another 60 days for a decision. Please let me know is there any way to expedite the process as it's outside normal processing time. Thank you.

Below is response from USICS

"The status of this service request is:

The Vermont Service Center (VSC) recognizes that the application you are inquiring about is outside normal processing times.  A review of electronic systems indicates that your petition is currently with an Immigration Service Officer.  You should receive a decision notice or notice of other action within 60 days of the date of this letter "

Archived