Job Change in EAD

userus12

Hello , 

I am sure some one has already asked this question earlier but i could not find any threads which give concrete answers.

My Situation - 

I moved from H1 to  EAD (primary EAD)with the GC sponsoring  employer 8 months back . My i140 got approved 2011. Now i am planning to move to new fulltime role. Since this is my first move I am trying to  find the job roles and responsibilities  which adhere to  AC21 in new job.

I donot have   the  i140  application copy   which was submitted by employer to  file for  i140 -My employer does not want to  share 

1)So the question is how do i make sure i have  similar roles/responsibilities to  put  on my ac21.

2)Do i  really need  to file for AC21 if have been  same/promoted in field of IT to a senior level. - what if i dont file ac21.

3) Can i work Fulltime with more than one employer  if there are no restrictions.

Thanks  in advance

• 4 weeks later...

If you are changing employers and have an I-485 pending then the only way you qualify for GC to continue and not be denied by USCIS is if the new job fits into the same/similar occupational category under AC21. Whether you 'file' for AC21 or not, if you change employers with a pending I-485, you are using AC21.

You can try getting a copy of the LC/PERM that was filed with your I-140 by filing a FOIA request to USCIS. If you file the request and just ask for a copy of the PERM form in your A File the request will usually go to Track 1, which is taking around 60 days to produce the document requested.

Archived