**Urgent** Email from consulate. Got I797s from two employers.

Sam009

Hi Folks,

I live in Singapore and working here for about 6 years now. 

In 2014, my H1b application got picked up with case number xxxx through company A. I went for the visa interview in Chennai consulate in Jan’2015. My case went into administrative processing and I did not get my visa. 

Later I got another offer from a better company B and we did a H1B transfer. I got my new I-797 with a new case number yyyy.

Last week, I got an email from Chennai Visa Consulate, asking for my acknowledgement on withdrawing my case number xxxx or you may continue to wait for the administrative processing.

Please advise, on below.

> How are I-797s from both the companies are linked as both have different case numbers? Is my transfer valid, I heard that contradicting information from different employers regarding the transfer in my case as I was never on US on H1 Visa.

> Should I reply them or ignore without replying

> If I have to reply, should I ask them to withdraw previous case number xxxx or leave it for administrative processing

> Since my transfer of H1B is initiated with previous case number xxxx, will it have any impact if I ask them to withdraw my previous case or should I wait for administrative processing

> Since both the case numbers are different, what is the appropriate action to take

Thank you.

Archived