Passport Status @Toronto

vishnu386

Hi Vishnu,

You misunderstood b/w status, 'READY' & 'READY FOR PICKUP' READY doesn't mean passport is ready for pickup(READY status shows up mostly during PIMS verification process).  Ready means they are done with PIMS verification on your H1 petition and they are ready to go ahead with Admin processing(Approval). Trust me, this info is from my personnel experience happened when i went for stamping with 'latest amended petition', it takes extra 1 or 2 days for you to get passport back compared to regular approved petitions.Below is the life cycle of status as per my experience.

Once  your VO says approved then status goes to:

Administrative Processing-->Ready(PIMS verified)--> Administrative Processing(again)-->Issued--> Ready for Pickup

try to memorize if some officer wrote 'NO PIMS' on back of you passport sticker just before going to interview counter

or check if the petition you gave to VO is just approved before your interview (like 1 or 2 months old), if so this scenario occurs, just wait for 1 or 2 extra days,thats it. dont forget to post all your experience in the forum once your visa is approved, so that it will help our friends in the forum.

@rd9999,

Thank you for the info, 

My petition was amended in july 2015 and no one has mentioned about "NO PIMS" . But the my case status is progressing exactly the way you mentioned. Here is the latest update.

22nd sep 2015 morning- Interview done, visa approved.

22nd sep evening- DS-160 status Admin processing.

23rd Sep - DS-160 status Ready.

24th Sep - DS-160 status Ready.

24th Sep Evening- DS-160 status Admin processing.

25th Sep Noon- DS-160 status Issued.

Will post the complete updates after i receive the passport. Thank You.

Here is my Final Status,

22nd sep 2015 morning- Interview done, visa approved.

22nd sep evening- DS-160 status Admin processing.

23rd Sep - DS-160 status Ready.

24th Sep - DS-160 status Ready.

24th Sep Evening- DS-160 status Admin processing.

25th Sep Noon- DS-160 status Issued.

29th Sep early morning- Recieved Waybill number and picked up the passport in the noon.

Archived