Delays in H-1B extension approval

simplyal

Hi there, 

USCIS had received my petition for H-1B EXTENTION  on the May 22nd 2015,

my status on the USCIS site hasnt changed since them, their website still says "On May 22, 2015, we received your Form I-129........" 

its been 4 months now, does USCIS generally take this long to process H-1B extensions? 

Is anyone in the same boat ?

Also, what are different phases that my application would go through before it gets approved ? for instance initial phase, administrative phase, acknowledgement etc..

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks,

Al

Hey 

I'm in the Same boat as of you, Applied for H-1B EXTENTION on the May 22nd 2015 in regular processing. I'm expecting a result by Oct 15th. Most of my friends and ppl in this forum got their approval after completion of 4 months & they received a result in 4 month 10 days to 15 days. Lets wait and see and Hope for a happy result. Be Positive.

Hope this update will get us some relief:

Reference:  http://www.*************

09/23/2015: USCIS Updates Processing Times as of 09/22/2015

• There is still backlog for H-1B extension petitions. California Service Center processing time remains at 05/14/2015 and Vermont Service Center processing time remains at 05/11/2015. We remind the H-1B employers of ongoing H-1B extension petition delays and they should file the H-1B extension petitions sufficiently ahead of time such that the H-1B employees do not experience any problem. Two-month processing time for H-1B extension petitions is by now thing of the past! For the processing time update of the USCIS, please visit our home page.
My H1B extension is pending since April 22, 2015. There is still no update on my case. 

The lawyer issued a SR few weeks back. The response from USCIS was that my petition is currently on hold for supervisory review. I don't know what that means exactly. Does any one of you have any idea as to what does that mean?

• 3 weeks later...

Any update guys, I'm still waiting for an Approval. My case was received on May 22 2015.

FYI:

I heard that even the USICS website status says "Case Received" some of the employers/attorneys got their approval emails. Check with your employers/attorneys. They would have received the notice, if not , they could follow-up with USICS.

Keep ur hopes up, All the best!! :)

• 3 weeks later...

My petition was filed on May 29th and didn't receive any update so far. while my extension in process, Amendment filed to add new work location. will that impact processing ?.

Last processed application in VSC is from May 25 , 2015. I didn't see any update after that. Did anyone received approval after May 25.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My petition was filed on May 29th and didn't receive any update so far. while my extension in process, Amendment filed to add new work location. will that impact processing ?.

Last processed application in VSC is from May 25 , 2015. I didn't see any update after that. Did anyone received approval after May 25.

hi Srikath0465...I am in a similar situation. Can you please let me know what happened to your visa amendment which was filed while extension was in process.

Hi,

My H1B ext was approved yesterday at VSC under regular processing. My case was initially filed on Jul 9th, 2015. Looks like it is taking around 7+ to 8 months for the approvals.

Hello pasan85,

I just wanted to check if you were able to see the approved status on the USCIS "case status" page or did you got to know from your attorney. This is because my case is filed on July 14th, 2015 from VSC under regular processing.

Thanks,

Vikas

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

My application for H1B visa extension was submitted on July 7th to California Service Center.  The processing time chart shows that all applications upto August 28th were processed, how my case status still remains as pending.  My driver's license is expiring on March 25th and if the visa extension does not come through before that, I will be in a soup.  Please advise

Archived