OathCeremonyWillBeScheduled vs OathCeremonyNoticeWasMailed

chowyunfat

Wife and I went for the N-400 interview 2 weeks back, and both of us got the N-652 with tick marks on (i) you passed the tests.... (ii) Congratulations....Our  respective interviewing officers said they will make sure we get oath ceremony on the same date.  Our cases were lean and clean. No name change, no judicial review. I was the primary on my EB based GC, when we applied for I-485 together 5 years back.

Last week, we got 2 diff statuses online for our N-400.

(1)OathCeremonyNoticeWasMailed - my USCIS case status

I got my oath ceremony letter in mail last week for next week 

(2)OathCeremonyWillBeScheduled - wife's USCIS case status

Wife has not got anything yet in mail 

I called USCIS, and as usual, they were useless. So I am confused, anyone here with the 2nd status message, and when does it change to the 1st status message?

UPDATES: I went in today for my Oath ceremony, and my wife came with me to witness. I went in very early, and directly knocked on the door of the N-400 Immig Officers, and 2 officers helped my wife since she had copies of her Congrats Printout (got after interview), and oath ceremony scheduled case status printout, and one of them broke the shocking news that my wife's case was in judicial ceremony, and that she had signed a Name change form. We were both like WTF! And finally the officer who interviewed my wife 2 weeks back, came out and said "Oh, you had your last name and mid name as initials on ur Indian Birth Certific, and Indian Marriage Certifc, so I assumed u wanted to change ur name, and you also signed so" What an Idiot this officer was.My wife broke down and he went back inside and said he fixed it and she will get oath ceremony letter in 2-3 weeks. We pray to god for hers to come thro as well. 

Archived