All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kds6883

DUI - Reckless Driving CHarge [H1 Ext In Process] - Clevland Ohio

Hi ,

i have been charged with DUI Charge with Reckless Driving note in Clevland Ohio 2 days ago. I was speeding beyond the limit at 2 AM and Police had to pull me. I had taken Field Sober test , which i think i did fairly well. But Police arrested me and had taken finger prints. I had .06% BAC below the .08% limit and have been released immediately.

I am feeling very stupid for my self to get into this mess. My H1 Extension has been Filed a month and half back and it is in progress now and i recieved only the Acknowledgement.

1) Will H1 Extension approval be a problem now , considering that this occurred in last two days.

2) I have hired a well reviewed lawyer to speak for me in court which i am hoping the DUI gets reduced to Physical Control or only Reckless Driving. Is this going to be a serious concern for getting H1 Stamped in India. I am planning to vist in next year in the month of March.

3) I am in scout for looking for the matches and i feel terrible if my career in US is over because of this. Do i need to take a pause , get the extension stamped properly and then resume my personal priorities.

I have been reading all the posts over here. What would be the best time to travel out of US once the case is closed. What all the things that i need to keep in mind and handle this situation. 

Pleas help me. I am going crazy from last two days on this.

Don't worry. As long as this is one time thing. It should be fine. Get your lawyer work to reduce the charges. It's not the end of the road. One of my friends had same charge as you and he has successfully worked 3 different Fortune 500 companies Without any problem.

Assuming you have a DUI Lawyer onboard get an Immigration Lawyer involved to interact with the DUI Lawyer. It is most likely that the DUI charge will be dropped and substituted for a lesser charge. How fast were you driving?

You will need to hire an immigration attorney and a defense attorney.

1. No

2.No. Try to get case dismissed or reduced charges. Even if convicted your visa will be stamped one count of dui you will not have inadmissible issues since it is not a CIMT crime.

3.No you will not have issues with job or personal matters.

@pontevecchio  

I was driving 30+ beyond the speed limit in empty long road. 

@century , @pontevecchio , @LVNM

I spoke with DUI lawyer and he is cofident that he can get it reduced to lesser charges but completly dismissed. Either Physical Control or Wet Reckless Driving.  

Considering this , Since the Arrest has my fingerprints also , are there any existting situations where the Visa Extension's got denied because of this. I hope to get out of this mess by in one or two months. Is it suggestable to travel to India in March or So ?

My Personal Commitments in the sense , whether should i need to inform this risk of visa denial when i am looking out for matches or not, which i really don't wanted to disclose.

Also , I work on H1 with One of the Indian MNC. Do i Need to inform about this Arrest to my employer. I am afrad if this is going to effect my current stay here. I have been Arrested , taken Finger prints and immediatly released with out any Driving License Susppension or such.

My Employer is going to file PERM shortly and i am so worried now , if they get to know about this , My current Stay , PERM Processing would affect. 

Please suggest if any one come across this situation or know from others.

It will not effect yourr current stay.. During visa interview or port of entry there will be questions about arrest. For perm or h1 extension in US you will not have issues..

HI all again , 

to Update on my case , I have got the DUI Removed and only been charged with Reckless driving. I am going to India for stamping this month end. What all the documents i would be needed considering i have arrest record even though DUI is removed and only been charged with Reckless driving. Please help me to finalize the list of documents i need to procure from court or attornery. 

Appreciate your quick response. Thank you

Hi kds6883,

I have got same issue, Reduced from DUI to wet reckless driving. I am planning to go India to get visa stamp.  Did Visa officer send you for Medical evaluation for reckless driving? How was your interview experience? . Can you share your mail ID if you can.

Thanks,

On 10/13/2016 at 3:01 AM, venkis said:

Hi kds6883,

I have got same issue, Reduced from DUI to wet reckless driving. I am planning to go India to get visa stamp.  Did Visa officer send you for Medical evaluation for reckless driving? How was your interview experience? . Can you share your mail ID if you can.

Thanks,

I just went through same experience. Yes you will be given 221(g) and asked for medical panel. Make sure you carry final disposition of court and a letter from your attorney.