clearance received annotation stamped visa qualify for dropbox?

puru33

I am going for my 3rd and last H1b renewal next month. When I went for 2nd renewal around 2 years ago, initially when I submitted the application online on http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/ it said am eligible for dropbox. but when I went to the bangalore office they said am not since my visa has annotation of clearance received . they asked me to get an appointment online and go for interview. I had to wait for 3 weeks just to get an appointment and another 4 weeks for processing. i dont want to be in the same situation this time. Does that rule still apply for dropbox eligibility? i dont see that question while  submitting my profile for dropbox eligibility even now. my previous visa stamp has clearance received annotation. 

• 3 weeks later...

@jairichi Are you sure this is still the case? When I go through the dropbox eligibility checklist, nowhere does it say that those with 'Clearance Received' annotation are ineligible for dropbox. 

I am in a similar situation as the original poster. The only difference being I have also changed employers since my previous stamping. 

Any response would be highly appreciated. Thanks. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
was issued on 19th. delivered to pick up location on 20th. I could pick it up on 20th.

From oct 15th to Nov 14th , there was no update on my case file. On 15th it said case updated, still under processing.

again updated on 18th, still under processing. finally on 19th it said issued. so i guess just few days before the issue , u will see case updates.

on my visa it says " clearance received Nov 13th"
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/10/2016 at 9:37 AM, sundarapandian said:

My previous first visa , which i have received on (Feb 2012) has "clearance received " .But my most recent second visa(Nov 2014) does not have "clearance received " . Since my my most recent visa does not have clearance received am i eligible for dropbox ?

Hi,

I am also in the same situation. Could you please confirm if you were eligible for Dropbox? 

Archived