All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
boomjosh2007

EAD for I-140

Hi All,

Starting October USCIS will start issuing EAD for those who have an approved I-140.

My priority date is less than the cut-off date set by USCIS for October visa bulletin.

I have an approved I-140 from one of my past employers and would like to know if I can apply for EAD using my prior employer's I-140. 

Thanks

Hi boomjosh2007,

I am in the same situation as yours. Are you eligible to apply for an EAD?

Any response, is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

what is your PD??

@rahul412,Jairichi and other experts :

My PD from  employer A is Oct 2008. I had I-140 approval from this employer and after that I switch to employer B. I got I-140 approval while working for employer B and retained my PD and EB category. Then company B went out of business for the business group I was working for . So I switched to company C before company B goes out of business. Given this, Am I eligible to file for I-485/EAD ? If yes, what is deadline for it ?

@rahul412,Jairichi and other experts :

My PD from  employer A is Oct 2008. I had I-140 approval from this employer and after that I switch to employer B. I got I-140 approval while working for employer B and retained my PD and EB category. Then company B went out of business for the business group I was working for . So I switched to company C before company B goes out of business. Given this, Am I eligible to file for I-485/EAD ? If yes, what is deadline for it ?

Do you have any valid I140 with the exception of employer B?

Am I eligible to file for I-485/EAD ? If yes, what is deadline for it ?

There is no deadline to fine 485, you will file 485 only when your PD is current. Since your I140 employer went out of business I guess you cannot file for 485 bcos that job doesn't exists.

I have I-140 approval from employer A and B.  PR process from employer C is not started yet. Is this helpful to process EAD ?

I have I-140 approval from employer A and B.  PR process from employer C is not started yet. Is this helpful to process EAD ?

Dude, you will apply for EAD only when your PD is current and at that time you need to have employment offer letter from the employer who filed your I140.