taxes for bench period

rajm6344

Dear Sir,

I am working with one employer with H1 visa. Since i got the project for partial hours for 3 months my employer run the payroll for that hours only. Eg:  as per my wages declared in LCA he has to run payroll ( every 15 days) for $2000. But he run only $500 for 3 months (means 6 pay stubs). is that a problem while year end or taxfiling because of less taxes paid? Could you please explain me the consequences of it?

If you don't get paid according to the LCA, you are out of status.

Of course that will result in problems, lots of problems.

If the employer doesn't want to pay you according to the law, file a complaint with DOL on form WH4.

And find a better employer.

Thanks for ur clarification. Sorry, it was happened few months back. now my intention is not to complaint about him. I want to know the issues that i will face in future?

After that 3 months i got full pay for next 2 months (of course he didn't pay my arrears for initial 3 months) and changed to new employer.

My question : Since i paid less taxes, will it be a problem at the year end or while applying tax filing? 

or will it impact while my GC process? Pls clarify me...

Thanks for ur clarification. Sorry, it was happened few months back. now my intention is not to complaint about him. I want to know the issues that i will face in future?

Then pack your bags and leave US.

Why not a complaint?? Why are you scared of that fraud employer??

You were out of status then means you violated H1 rules and this will bite you one day very badly if you don't act now.

After that 3 months i got full pay for next 2 months (of course he didn't pay my arrears for initial 3 months) and changed to new employer.

My question : Since i paid less taxes, will it be a problem at the year end or while applying tax filing? 

or will it impact while my GC process? Pls clarify me...

It will be a problem for extending the H1 and for a GC.

File a complaint with DOL, and find another employer!

That's your only way out of the situation!

Archived