H1b - Intent to Revoke Status

kolla99

Hi,

I have applied the H1 (2015- 2016 Cap) through XXX company and it is got approved. 
Suddenly, my petition  status was changed to "Intent to Revoke" and then inquired other 17 people status who applied through same XXX company,their petition status also changes to "Intent to Revoke". which is already approved petitions

Today my employer told me that. they had replied to USCIS for one profile and it got rejected/Revoked by USCIS

We would like to know 

1. Can USCIS revoke already approved petitions and stamping done. Or our employer revoked petitions?
2. Can we change to other employer at this stage?

Please advise .. Many Thanks..

Yes, USCIS can revoke approved petitions, for example if there has been fraud. That seems to have been the case here, with a bunch of petitions being revoked. Did you pay for the H1s?

If they are revoked for fraud, you will not be able to get a transfer to another employer.

Next time, find a better employer. Avoid consulting companies.

Thanks so much for the quick response.

My employer was not providing the details why this has been " Intent to Revoke" and notice that he got from the USCIS 

Is there any way to get the notice from USCIS. Also, can you suggest if i can transfer my petition to another employer if employer found as fraud ?

Hi Team,

Even I am sailing in the same boat, My 2015-2016 H1B was filled by XXX Company and it was in approved status and later intent to Revoke, after my employer submitted the RFE the status was changed to RFE evidence received later after 1 Month I surprisingly see the below status, please let me know what does the below status means if my Petition is Rejected or Approved

If the below status means - Rejected, Can I transfer my petition to another employer at this stage and what are the steps

My employer is not ready to share the notification letter sent by USCIS, how can I get the notification letter so that I can take advice from your firm for further steps

Do we have any chance of getting my case approved for this year 2015-2016

Will USCIS consider my petition for 2016-2017 cap exemption 

On August 26, 2015, we revoked the approval of your case, Receipt Number XXXXXXX, and mailed you a revocation notice. It explains the reasons for our action. Please follow the instructions in the notice and submit any requested materials. If you do not receive your revocation notice by September 9, 2015, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go towww.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

My employer was not providing the details why this has been " Intent to Revoke" and notice that he got from the USCIS 

Is there any way to get the notice from USCIS. Also, can you suggest if i can transfer my petition to another employer if employer found as fraud ?

If employer is not providing you proper details then nothing can be done.

That H1B is gone and you will need to go under cap again.

Hi Team,

Even I am sailing in the same boat, My 2015-2016 H1B was filled by XXX Company and it was in approved status and later intent to Revoke, after my employer submitted the RFE the status was changed to RFE evidence received later after 1 Month I surprisingly see the below status, please let me know what does the below status means if my Petition is Rejected or Approved

If the below status means - Rejected, Can I transfer my petition to another employer at this stage and what are the steps

My employer is not ready to share the notification letter sent by USCIS, how can I get the notification letter so that I can take advice from your firm for further steps

Do we have any chance of getting my case approved for this year 2015-2016

Will USCIS consider my petition for 2016-2017 cap exemption 

On August 26, 2015, we revoked the approval of your case, Receipt Number XXXXXXX, and mailed you a revocation notice. It explains the reasons for our action. Please follow the instructions in the notice and submit any requested materials. If you do not receive your revocation notice by September 9, 2015, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go towww.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Your H1B petition is denied.

You can do nothing. You need to go under cap again next year.

If the employer is not providing the details, then 99% sure that its employer's fault. H1 is employer's petition so you won't get any notice from USCIS. Contact an attorney to know what options you have.

Your H1 is revoked, contact an attorney for help. Next time find a good employer, not a consulting firm.

Hmm, I am talking about change of employer not about H1 filing.

If the person is in a valid status that allows him to change employers, sure, then he could.

But with an H1 revocation, the implication is that he wants to transfer the H1. And that's not possible.

• 1 month later...

USCIS sent me the letter on second week of September. My employer did not inform me until October 4th. In my best judgement, my employer will send some kind of response to USCIS. My concern is what if my H1-B gets rejected. I was in cap-gap extension until September 30, 2014. What are my options? Should I go to college college immediately and file change of status to f1. Or should I wait unit h1-b decision made. I have little hope to get my petition to get approved. If they revoke h1-b, will I be out of status next day. Will I have any grace period to join college and be in another status. 

Colleges have application deadlines. It is not possible to just "go to college immediately", unless you go to a fraud institution, which would kill your future in the US.

Why do people still think, over 4 1/2 years after the TVU raid, that this "immediate change to a college" is possible?

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I have applied the H1 (2015- 2016 Cap) through XXX company and it is got approved. 
Suddenly, my petition  status was changed to "Intent to Revoke", which is already approved petition.
I inquired with my employer he told me that they revoked from USCIS because of you don't have job. 
I would like to know 
1. What can I do at this stage?
2. Can I change to other employer at this stage?
3. What are the other options at this stage?
Please advise me asap....thanks

• 11 months later...
On 9/8/2015 at 7:37 PM, JoeF said:

Nope. It was revoked before Oct. 1. Since last year, it means that the person is not counted in the quota.

A new employer can file an H1 in next year's quota.

How does that change based on date?

I know that teh visa number will be added to that year's quota in which year it was revoked.

Lets say if it was revoked on Oct 3rd, what options one would have?

I know a person in similar issue with revocation on Oct 3rd 2017.

Please suggest.

On 8/31/2015 at 10:39 AM, kolla99 said:

Hi,

Suddenly, my petition  status was changed to "Intent to Revoke" and then inquired other 17 people status who applied through same XXX company,their petition status also changes to "Intent to Revoke". which is already approved petitions

Today my employer told me that. they had replied to USCIS for one profile and it got rejected/Revoked by USCIS

We would like to know 

1. Can USCIS revoke already approved petitions and stamping done. Or our employer revoked petitions?

What did you finally do?

Were you able to resolve the issue?

On 8/31/2015 at 10:39 AM, kolla99 said:

Hi,

We would like to know 

What did you finally do?

Were you able to resolve the issue?

Archived