485 RFE - job changes and employment gaps

sr15

EB3-India

PD: April, 2003

i-140 approved

EAD/AP current

i-485 notice date August, 2007

I recently received an RFE asking for updated medical exam(i-693), biographic info (g-325a) and employment verification letter (EVL). My current job is similar to the original position described in the approved i-140. I always maintained legal status including extension of AP and EAD on time with no lapses. The issue is I had to change jobs several times in the past 5 years (both in full-time and contract positions), with periods of unemployment (2-8 months). I never filed for Ac21 for any of the new jobs (I was told this is optional). I am wondering how the job history would impact the green card approval?  

Any advise/ suggestions from people with similar experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

The AC21 Green Card portability law does not have any limits on the number of times one can change jobs. Also usually USCIS is just asking for a letter about the current job offer and not about all past job offers. If you have a reason to be concerned about your case asking something more than what USCIS guidance says is basically needed, then it would be a good idea to consult with an attorney.

Archived