AC 21 question

GC_EAD

Hello,

I recently got an offer from an employer (similar job) and will be using AC 21 to change my employer. I will be leaving my GC sponsoring employer and soon starting new employment with the other employer using my EAD. My 140 was approved before 4 years.

I appreciate If someone can answer my questions:

1. When do I need to ask the new employer If they can file the letter to USCIS regarding my AC21 utilization to join them?

Before joining them or after joining them? And How soon?

2. Is there any reason they won't accept to file such letters?

3. Where can I find the job duties that were filed as part of my GC LC? Is it in the LC application or the LC advertisement?

4. What is the procedure if I want to change the attorney on my pending 485? What are the benefits if i retain my older employer attorney? (old employer accepts that.)

Thank you.

I think the new employer needs to file the letter to USCIS.

I appreciate if any body who has changed jobs using AC 21 can reply and answer my questions with their experience.

I am pretty sure they came across with similar AC 21 questions.

Thanks Pontvecchio.

I stand by my post. You should be looking for a Lawyer with a track record of such cases . Past experience is no guarantee of future success. I thank you for making me realize I have been answering too many questions with no locus standi and in the interests of fairness and good judgement I think I should be done with the forum. The unfortunate part is no monitoring by the firm running this forum and hence false information is being taken for gospel. Get a consult with the firm of Murthy or any of your choice rather than trusting to solitary experience. Best of luck to you. It would seem apparent that running a very successful forum also carries major responsibilities. But what is apparent is not always what happens. Information about Immigration from the West Coast is also very relevant if you understand my drift.

Archived