OPT RFE- please advice

KruWashDC

Hi,

I took a transfer half way into my MBA. Graduated on 25th of May 2015 and  applied for OPT on 6th of May 2015. I had an internship offer letter in hand while applying for OPT. Internship was in the field of IT finance. Never applied for CPT before and have attended full time classes on campus.

I got and RFE to submit evidence to demonstrate that I was engaged in a full course of study. Also proof that the employment is related to my course of study. I lost the job since my application took longer than expected and the internship period got over.

My concerns are:

1. I do not know how to handle the RFE part for employment proof since I lost the job and it is not related to my area of study.

2. I do not have travel documents since I used a smartrip card or traveled by personal car. and few other evidence like receipts for books, school supplies etc. What should I do in this case?

3. In this case what statement should I get from my employer and school DSO explaining about my employment since it was not in the area of my study? How do I explain I have lost that job?

I have spent around 60k in my Masters program and attended full time classes with no CPT ever.

Plzzz advice I do not want to loose my OPT.

Hi All,

Thank you for responding to my query in advance.

I while applying for OPT attached an offer letter for temporary employment as an Intern and will be working in Finance Applications, IT department with XYZ Technology, Inc.

The RFE notice requests" a statement from DSO explaining how my practical training in Finance application directly relates to Master of Business Administration and Management, General."

The DSO denied me her statement and instead asked me to write a letter. The contents of the letter are as follows:

1. I attached the offer letter with the intention that it will expedite my OPT application process.

2. I have however, lost the internship opportunity and I will no longer be able to pursue that job..please find the letter from employer and email correspondence.

3. I was earlier pursuing the job in finance since financial management and policies was part of my Masters of Business Administration, General curriculum. Please find the attached Master of Business Administration curriculum.

Please advice if it is ok to send this letter and whether the statement from DSO is necessary to respond to the RFE.

I have lost that job anyways. And don't wanna loose OPT as well.

Regards.

Hi All,

I am safe on the part of "Maintaining my student status". DSO gave me all the documents for that with a statement.

I am stuck because of the below issue now.

I while applying for OPT attached an offer letter for temporary employment as an Intern and will be working in Finance Applications, IT department with XYZ Technology, Inc.

The RFE notice requests" a statement from DSO explaining how my practical training in Finance application directly relates to Master of Business Administration and Management, General."

The DSO denied me her statement and instead asked me to write a letter. The contents of the letter are as follows:

1. I attached the offer letter with the intention that it will expedite my OPT application process.

2. I have however, lost the internship opportunity and I will no longer be able to pursue that job..please find the letter from employer and email correspondence.

3. I was earlier pursuing the job in finance since financial management and policies was part of my Masters of Business Administration, General curriculum. Please find the attached Master of Business Administration curriculum.

Please advice if it is ok to send this letter and whether the statement from DSO is necessary to respond to the RFE. She is not willing to write a letter and I do not know the reason. I have not worked on CPT or have any pre-completion OPT either.

Regards.

Hi All,

I am safe on the part of "Maintaining my student status". DSO gave me all the documents for that with a statement.

I am stuck because of the below issue now.

Please advice if it is ok to send this letter and whether the statement from DSO is necessary to respond to the RFE. She is not willing to write a letter and I do not know the reason. I have not worked on CPT or have any pre-completion OPT either.

Regards.

This letter will give you a denial as you do not have an offer lined up to be approved for OPT. We all asked you to talk to an attorney.

Please advice how do I look for a good attorney in Loudoun county, VA?

Thank you Jairichi for your advice. I am trying to find a good attorney. Do I need a representation or consultation?

Have a telephonic consultation with an attorney first and if needed let them represent you. Contact Murthy law firm.

Please advice how do I look for a good attorney in Loudoun county, VA?

Immigration law is federal. A lawyer doesn't have to be local, unless you want to be able to have a face-to-face meeting.

You are posting on a forum run by a good immigration law firm...

Hello Jairichi,

Could you please give me one last advice? I have an appointment with an Attorney and I want to make sure whether I have everything ready.

Here is a list of documents supplied by my school DSO.

Evidence of full course of study and maintenance of nonimmigration status.

1.      An official copy of my most recent transcripts from XYZ University.

2.      Copy of Master of Business Administration degree certificate.

3.      Ledger Card as evidence of tuition payments made to XYZ University.

4.      Letter from DSO as evidence for physical presence in class and the bona fides of my degree.

5.      Recent I-20 stating books are included in tuition cost.

6.      Photo copy of XYZ University student ID.

7.      Academic records set flow for attendance records.

8.      Couse syllabi for my program.

Evidence Optional Practical Training-Temporary Employment

1.      Statement from Employer

2.      Written statement from ME.

3.      Copy of Master of Business Administration curriculum.

However, 

1.      Do I need an offer letter in my major field of study while responding to this RFE?

2.      Do I need a letter or any kind of statement from my DSO to get my OPT approval?

3.      Do I need to submit transcripts from the school I took a transfer from?

Thank you.

Respectfully.

KruWashDC

Could you please give me one last advice? I have an appointment with an Attorney and I want to make sure whether I have everything ready. 

Here is a list of documents supplied by my school DSO.

Evidence of full course of study and maintenance of nonimmigration status.

1.      An official copy of my most recent transcripts from XYZ University.

2.      Copy of Master of Business Administration degree certificate.

3.      Ledger Card as evidence of tuition payments made to XYZ University.

4.      Letter from DSO as evidence for physical presence in class and the bona fides of my degree.

5.      Recent I-20 stating books are included in tuition cost.

6.      Photo copy of XYZ University student ID.

7.      Academic records set flow for attendance records.

8.      Couse syllabi for my program.

Evidence Optional Practical Training-Temporary Employment

1.      Statement from Employer

2.      Written statement from ME.

3.      Copy of Master of Business Administration curriculum.

However, 

1.      Do I need an offer letter in my major field of study while responding to this RFE?

2.      Do I need a letter or any kind of statement from my DSO to get my OPT approval?

3.      Do I need to submit transcripts from the school I took a transfer from?

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived