485 RFE, AC21 not filed

in4gc

I noticed on USCIS online case status that an RFE was sent on my 485 on Aug 12th (same day September Visa bulletin released, in which my application became current). EB3 PD Nov 2004.

I am yet to receive the RFE copy, but going by general information on 485 RFEs, I am bound to get two request: Medical Exam and Employment Verification.

I have changed jobs twice and working for a new exmployer for the past one year. I did not file AC21. The question I have is:

1. Can someone let me know if not filing AC21 would be of any problem?

2. Do I need to submit anything else apart from Employment Verification Letter (EVL) from new employer?

3. Do I need to file AC21 now?

4. Would I need to submit EVL from my current employer only, or would USCIS required EVL from my previous job(s)?

5. Once I receive the RFE, can I respond to it on my own, or do I have to go through an Attorney?

Can anyone please advise? Thank you in advance

I noticed on USCIS online case status that an RFE was sent on my 485 on Aug 12th (same day September Visa bulletin released, in which my application became current). EB3 PD Nov 2004.

I am yet to receive the RFE copy, but going by general information on 485 RFEs, I am bound to get two request: Medical Exam and Employment Verification.

I have changed jobs twice and working for a new exmployer for the past one year. I did not file AC21. The question I have is:

1. Can someone let me know if not filing AC21 would be of any problem?
2. Do I need to submit anything else apart from Employment Verification Letter (EVL) from new employer?
3. Do I need to file AC21 now?
4. Would I need to submit EVL from my current employer only, or would USCIS required EVL from my previous job(s)?
5. Once I receive the RFE, can I respond to it on my own, or do I have to go through an Attorney?

Can anyone please advise? Thank you in advance

Check here. The URL itself is a bit old but should answer some if not all your questions.

http://www.murthy.com/2008/01/18/ac21-frequently-asked-questions-july-2012-update/

Archived