All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ishika_P

F1 COS to H4 & H4 EAD

Hello All,

I came on H4 and did COS to F1 (current status). I am graduating in Dec 2015.

My husband has I140 Approved. I heard that we can apply H4 & H4 EAD Concurrently and both of them are getting approved at the same time.

Question 1: Is above this correct (will COS to H4 & H4 EAD get approved at the same time) ?

Question 2: How long is this process going to take?

Question 3:  

If I apply for F->H4->H4 EAD Concurrently and if either of the status is not approved before I graduate(i.e Dec 2015), then will I loose my status?

I read in one of forum "selecting a future date for H4 COS is beneficial in case someone does not want loss of work authorization, for example F1 OPT -> H4 + H4 EAD."

What does this mean? Can you someone help me understand.

Thanks for spending your time to answer.

Yes, I saw a couple of guys who got COS/EAD approval on the same day. It is nowhere written that USCIS must provide these approvals on the same day, it is up to you to take a chance..

Thank you for the response

Can someone answer to my below question. It would be helpful.

Question 3:  

If I apply for F->H4->H4 EAD Concurrently and if either of the status is not approved before I graduate(i.e Dec 2015), then will I loose my status?

I read in one of forum "selecting a future date for H4 COS is beneficial in case someone does not want loss of work authorization, for example F1 OPT -> H4 + H4 EAD."

What does this mean? Can you someone help me understand.

Thank you