Unable to process dependant visa

sunku447

HI All, 

Please help me to find a solution in my case. 

I am currently working on L1 B visa, My visa and I-94 are valid till Sep 2017. Also in My I-129S, Visa officer hs written it is valid till 2017 sep. But in the second page of I-129S, my company has applied petition only till 2015 sep. So the same has mentioned in my Visa page as PED. 

I got married 2 weeks back and asked my company to process depandant visa. But they are rejecting that idea, saying PED date is very close (Less datn 2 months). They are asking me to go for L1b extension. 

Please help me here, 

1) Are they correct about PED? Why they can not use my visa validity date to process my spouse visa?

2) If i apply for L1 b , and it gets rejected (like in many cases), do i need to leave immediately? 

3) What is the alternate way to bring my spouse here?

Please help me, thanks in advance. 

Hi Jairichi, Thank you so much for the quick reply. Thank you so much. 

I am sorry to bother you with few more questions, can you kindly reply. 

1. Yes, they are correct. Visa is only for entry. I94 and petition validity date is for your legal stay in US.  : If so can consulate accept my I 94 date as referance and process my Spouse visa?

2. Yes. 

3. She can apply for B2 for a short stay. Ask employer to file L1B extension in premium and you will get a decision in 15 calendar days. : Can i apply a visitor visa for her, so she can stay max of six months here?

Hi Jairichi, Thank you so much for the quick reply. Thank you so much. 

I am sorry to bother you with few more questions, can you kindly reply. 

1. Yes, they are correct. Visa is only for entry. I94 and petition validity date is for your legal stay in US.  : If so can consulate accept my I 94 date as referance and process my Spouse visa?

2. Yes. 

3. She can apply for B2 for a short stay. Ask employer to file L1B extension in premium and you will get a decision in 15 calendar days. : Can i apply a visitor visa for her, so she can stay max of six months here?

1. Yes, she can apply for a dependent visa. Should not be an issue. If she gets an I94 till Sep 2015 then an extension of status can be filed based on your L1B extension petition.

3. Yes. Keep this as last option.

Thank you so much Jairichi. However my comp is saying i can not work after sep 2015, as my ped is ending, eventhough I 94 is valid. So they are asking me to process an extension, but all of my friends are tellling right now USICS is rejecteing the L1B extensions. So kept my fingers crossed.

Thank you so much Jairichi. However my comp is saying i can not work after sep 2015, as my ped is ending, eventhough I 94 is valid. So they are asking me to process an extension, but all of my friends are tellling right now USICS is rejecteing the L1B extensions. So kept my fingers crossed.

Based on a timely filed L1B petition extension you can work till a decision is made on that petition. If denied you will have to stop working and leave US immediately. Ask an attorney rather than employer.

Archived