H1 to F1 universities offering CPT in the first semester

toughnut

Friends and Gurus,

I am currently at the completion of my 6 years of H1b and looking to convert to F1 to study.
Meanwhile though I would like to keep my job to fund my education. I am based out of the East Coast and was wondering if any of you happen to know of universities with a flexible schedule and which offer a CPT in the first semester itself.
I know *** and SVU from California do but then I was looking for something in the East Coast preferably in the NY area,

Thanks in anticipation

You can get CPT from day 1, if you are willing to get deported and kill your US career forever.

Haven't you heard about TUV and ****?? Do you know why students for handcuffed for working in CPT?? Do you want to get handcuffed and get deported??

Working in CPT is ILLEGAL. CPT is not for full time employment.

Friends and Gurus,

I am currently at the completion of my 6 years of H1b and looking to convert to F1 to study.

Meanwhile though I would like to keep my job to fund my education. I am based out of the East Coast and was wondering if any of you happen to know of universities with a flexible schedule and which offer a CPT in the first semester itself.

I know *** and SVU from California do but then I was looking for something in the East Coast preferably in the NY area,

Thanks in anticipation

No real university will do that.

And signing up with a fraud institution would result in you killing your future in the US.

It is of course interesting that Murthy lawyers are slowly coming around to see this as a problem, as I and others have maintained for a long time.

Just a bit over a year ago, there was this thread: http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/72604-work-permit-from-university/

That's obviously about one of the shady institutions that the OP mentioned here as well, an institution in San Jose with a 3-letter abbreviation, which nowadays gets blocked here.

From the article Attorney_20 linked to:

"For example, as many of our readers are aware, the USCIS has indicated that students enrolled in TVU failed to maintain their F-1 status for two primary reasons. The first of these reasons is engaging in Curricular Practical Training (CPT) during the first academic year of their study. This practice also occurred at ****. While this is not absolutely prohibited, there are restrictions regarding when it is appropriate for a school to override the general rule of CPT issuance, which would be after the first academic year. If a school appears to be readily issuing CPT from the start of many or most of its academic programs, this is a cause for concern."

Of course, I formulate that more drastically: no real university gives out CPT from day one. Institutions that do, such as that particular institution starting with "International" in San Jose, are shady at best and outright frauds at worst. It is not relevant that this particular institution managed to get accredited. Accreditation and abuse of CPT are two different things.

I actually expect that particular institution to be raided eventually, now that ICE lawsuits against individuals from two other Bay Area institutions, TVU and HGU, are winding down (the TVU owner sentenced to 16+ years pending appeal, the former HGU President having plead guilty to immigration fraud.)

CPT from day one is abuse of CPT, and will just kill the person's future in the US. It is *that* simple.

It also seems that EyeTeeYou's ongoing playing loose with the CPT rules has come to the attention of the accreditation body WASC. WASC has a report from Feb. 2015 on their sebsite, indicating that EyeTeeYou had fallen back to their previous pattern of rule abuse.

That report states that EyeTeeYou no longer tracked attendance, issued I-20s to unqualified people, issued CPT to anybody, etc.

Soon after, the CEO resigned...

But as the OP said, they still issue CPT from day one, so things apparently have not improved.

All that indicates to me that this particular institution continues to be fraudulent.

Another tidbit from that highly critical WASC report:

"However, the Special Team believes the current system, which allows very early CPT participation is, while legal, likely inappropriate and that *** needs to be more conservative in its approach to CPT."

Another one of the things I and others have stated repeatedly over quite a number of years.

It is good that I can now point to actual documents supporting my view of that institution.

A year back, their lawyers claimed that my statements were inappropriate. Now we have proof that my statements were fully appropriate.

And I will continue to make such fully appropriate statements, even if some corporate lawyers don't like it. They need to fix their problems, not try to shoot the messenger...

Archived