Yellow Slip(221g) for Administrative Processing

Nix3211

My interview was on Tuesday at Vancouver. My first time visa stamping. My work structure E-V-C model. After about 10 minutes of interview,( most of the time VO was typing), he told me my case needs further administrative process and given me yellow slip and told me to check online for my status. He did told me that you have to stay longer than one week here in Vancouver, when he asked me how long I am planning to stay over here. 

Do anyone of you guys have been recently gone through this process? How long does it take?

I don't have my passport now and stuck here in Vancouver.

Can I fly to Toronto with my US driver's license? 

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Guys,

I've decided not to ask for my pp for now. I am afraid it might slow down the process. So, thinking of waiting. 

Meanwhile, what should I do here in Vancouver? Should I ask my employer to do something?

I know noone over here. Any suggestions? 

Getting back your passport does not slow the process. You can go around and visit touristic spots in city or just stay doing nothing. 

Guys,

I've decided not to ask for my pp for now. I am afraid it might slow down the process. So, thinking of waiting. 

Meanwhile, what should I do here in Vancouver? Should I ask my employer to do something?

I know noone over here. Any suggestions? 

Frankly speaking you can't do anything here. Even if you do work from home, you still have to pay for your hotel, that's why suggested to go to home country for visa, it will be helpful during these kinds of situation.

My interview was on Tuesday at Vancouver. My first time visa stamping. My work structure E-V-C model. After about 10 minutes of interview,( most of the time VO was typing), he told me my case needs further administrative process and given me yellow slip and told me to check online for my status. He did told me that you have to stay longer than one week here in Vancouver, when he asked me how long I am planning to stay over here. 

Do anyone of you guys have been recently gone through this process? How long does it take?

Did VO mention why does your case needs admin processing?

Do you think its because of any missing documents like client letter or something related to your employer?

• 2 weeks later...

Can i get your email id..even i am on same boat..

I am also in same situation at Kolkata U.S Consulate. I attended interview on July 30 and VO issued 221g white form and said this will take 2-4 weeks. VO just asked to submit CV and current Job responsibilities  in word doc which I did on Aug 4.  They also kept my passport and I-797. 

I had all documents including client letter. Not sure how long more they are going to take. 

Archived