L2 EAD - Work with multiple employer

mymindrules27

Hi,

I have L2 EAD and i am permanent employee of a company.

I have another offer from another company for Contract to Hire ,Jobs and responsibilities are same only.

I would like to accept the 2nd job also.

I was checking my employment offer and below is the clause which i can find:

"No associate may serve as an employee, director or officer of any company other than XXXXX without prior written approval of the XXXXX Compliance Officer. Under no circumstances will an associate receive approval to serve as an employee, director or officer of a competitor, supplier or customer. An associate who receives approval and does perform outside work has a special responsibility to avoid any conflict with XXXXX's business interests. For an associate who receives approval, outside work may never be performed on hours the associate is expected to work for XXXXX."

Please advise if i can accept the 2nd Job offer , if yes what precaution i should take.

Thanks

You need to get written approval from your employer to take up the second job.

This is a normal clause in lots of employment contracts. An employer wants to get your full attention for their job (if you work lots of hours into the night, you may be sleepy the next morning, etc.), and they of course don't want you to work for a competitor or supplier, etc.

Archived