Visa Stamping - Chennai - Blue Slip after Interview Approval

nikblr1

Hi,

I attended the interview 2 weeks ago. The details are;

June 2nd Week - Attended the H1B Interview in Chennai. After few basic questions, the Visa Officer told me, he approved the visa and the passport will be delivered to my location.

Status in CGIFederal site: Your passport is still with the US Consulate/Embassy

June 3rd week  - I got a call from the same officer and asked me when was my first DUI conviction is (He needed the exact date)?. I told it was in May 2010 (Told the exact date). He told he will send me a blue slip and I need to attach the copies of the DUI case. So that he can approve my case. He told there will be no problem on my case. He just need some evidence that the DUI case happaned before 5 years.

Status in CGIFederal site: Your passport is still with the US Consulate/Embassy

Af of today (29th June 2015):  The status got changed "Document Delivery Information: <Blank>" I've called the US Consulate chennai to get more details. They said they dont have any information and just need to wait. and no information given to me.

Question:

1. When and where will I receive the Blue slip?

2. Should I wait for the blue slip to reply or can i directly send my copies of DUI Case sheet to chennai consulate referring my H1B D160 number and passport number?

3. How long the entire process will take for me to get my stamped passport?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Nik

Archived