H1B denied, OPT expiring in 30 days, MTR - CAP Gap

ragzreddy11

Hello Everyone,

H1B petition denied early this month as my contract was getting over before October 2015. Now my contract is extended to atleast Dec 2015, so I am doing a Motion to Re Appeal, with a new SOW. It takes about 4 to 8 weeks to get a response from USCIS.

My OPT is getting over on July 20 2015. Since my H1b is denied, seems that I am not eligible for CAP Gap. After July, I being on 60 day grace period, shouldnt be working, legally. So to keep myself in the status after July, I am trying to register for a Course program and get a CPT so that I could work. But unfortunately, there are no schools atleast that I know off, that begin unless Sept 4th 2015. The latest I could get a CPT and start work is Sep 4th.

What are the chances that USCIS would know about my OPT expiration and contact me sometime in the month of August, asking if I am currently working ?  

If they do, what should be my reply to them ?

Could this lead to my petition denial again ?

Please help! Will appreciate anyone's response.

Thanks

Raghav

Hi All,

Thank you for the information. I have decided not to work after my OPT expires.

If I am not working after July, then what are the chances for my H1 Approval or Denial ? Would the USCIS ask me about if I am employed or not ?

Please let me know

Thanks

You cannot stay in US after your OPT expiration. MTR will not provide any legal status, you can try B2.

But chances of H1 in your case are low, next time find a real employer not a consulting firm.

Hi All,

Thank you for the information. I have decided not to work after my OPT expires.

If I am not working after July, then what are the chances for my H1 Approval or Denial ? Would the USCIS ask me about if I am employed or not ?

Please let me know

Thanks

H1B approval is based on documents submitted. 

Archived