Anyone in Ottawa ,,,waiting for passport with visa stamp??

shivanimma

Hello Shivani, My visa is scheduled in canada next week(6/29), and i have to travel from USA this week end. do you recommend me to travel at this point due to the visa biometric technical issues.please send your contact at kumarkkr2015@ gmail.com; what is wait time to receive the passport right now in ottawa. i greatly appreciate your response.

Hello, I am actually in Ottawa as well waiting for my H1B visa stamp. Interview was June 10th and I have been waiting since then.

Quick question though, did they take your passport photo, I don't recollect them taking mine and a little worried that will further delay the process.

Hello, I am actually in Ottawa as well waiting for my H1B visa stamp. Interview was June 10th and I have been waiting since then.

Quick question though, did they take your passport photo, I don't recollect them taking mine and a little worried that will further delay the process.

I thought they will take from DS-160. They did not take mine too. 

I had my interview today. Checked with the consular officer that 22 posts have been restored and if Ottawa is one of them. He said, unfortunately Ottawa is not one of them. He also said posts that have been restored are big ones and the Ottawa is a small one. Hopefully, ours will be back to normal soon.

• The Bureau of Consular Affairs reports that the database responsible for handling biometric clearances has been rebuilt and is being tested.  39 posts, representing more than two-thirds of our normal capacity, are now online and issuing visas. We are working to restore full biometric data processing.We issued more than 45,000 visas yesterday.  Beijing alone issued nearly 15,000 visas. Our team continues to work 24/7 to restore the systems to full functionality. We will continue to bring additional posts online until connectivity with all posts is restored. 
  • *Connected Posts

1. Paris

2. Monterrey

3. Ciudad Juarez

4. Guangzhou

5. Beijing

6. Shanghai

7. Tijuana

8. Nuevo Laredo

9. Mexico City

10. Guadalajara

11. Mumbai

12. New Delhi

13. Sao Paolo

14. Chennai

15. Manila

16. Bogota

17. Buenos Aires

18. Rio de Janeiro

19. Tel Aviv

20. Merida

21. Hermosillo

22. Karachi

23. Seoul

24. Lima

25. Santo Domingo

26. Kingston

27. Shenyang

28. Chengdu

29. DPT

30. Lagos

31. Guayaquil

32. London

33. Brasilia

34. Moscow

35. San Salvador

36. Quito

37. Ho Chi Minh

38. Hanoi

39. Kyiv

Did anybody go to embassy in Canada to see if we can take the passport and go to US and send the passport back in POSTAL MAIL to get the stamp.??

any possibility?? trying to reach embassy... no one answering...

@shivanimma: I asked them that and they didn't recommend it because if they needed to interview you again (for any follow ups), you'd be stuck without a passport to travel...

Archived