Automatic revalidation program

JasK

I went to the vancouver embassy after they had sent me an email that I may be eligible for the above and I could pickup the passport without the visa. Has anyone heard of the program. I am a little hesitant to try it coz if I don't get in to the U.S. Then I will lose my spot currently and if I do go through without a hitch I will have to come back for the stamping.

I went to the vancouver embassy after they had sent me an email that I may be eligible for the above and I could pickup the passport without the visa. Has anyone heard of the program. I am a little hesitant to try it coz if I don't get in to the U.S. Then I will lose my spot currently and if I do go through without a hitch I will have to come back for the stamping.

More on the program here

http://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/documents/auto_reva.pdf

It does say that "Has not applied for a new visa while abroad"

AVR applies when you haven't applied for a new VISA stamp. Once you do, all your previous visas are cancelled by default. As your visas get cancelled, you can't apply for revalidation of previous visa. This is just technically, as per rule books. You can try your luck by attempting to sneak through, but I would highly advice against it as if you get caught, it's trouble for future visa stampings...

as approved. So you may or may not go through. If you go through, yay! But u have to come back to get your stamping again. More than likely they will not interview u but that's case based.

If you don't go through, you are back in the line for the stamping.... And we don't really know the back log.

I would suggest talk to your lawyers as well and update us with what you got.! I m debating this as well.

I got the email as a response to an email I sent them.

JasK : I am also stuck in vancouver can you talk im at **********************

More on the program here

http://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/documents/auto_reva.pdf

It does say that "Has not applied for a new visa while abroad"

I Know .... Thats where the dilemma is. The VO said the people at the border have access to what happens at the visa consulate so they would know the visa is approved and the technical issues and stuff ( Thats when I tried to get them to give me a letter that my visa is approved...... which they wouldn't  of course.) 

i had atttended visa interview on tuesday June 16 th,2015 but they haven't interview me due DS-160( Submitted after 9 th) and the sent me back saying that i need to comeback on/after Thursday with reentry slip , my previous visa is expired on sep30,2013 

since i haven't attended the visa interview , can i qualify for AVP ?

i had atttended visa interview on tuesday June 16 th,2015 but they haven't interview me due DS-160( Submitted after 9 th) and the sent me back saying that i need to comeback on/after Thursday with reentry slip , my previous visa is expired on sep30,2013 

since i haven't attended the visa interview , can i qualify for ARP ?

I Know .... Thats where the dilemma is. The VO said the people at the border have access to what happens at the visa consulate so they would know the visa is approved and the technical issues and stuff ( Thats when I tried to get them to give me a letter that my visa is approved...... which they wouldn't  of course.) 

I sent a note to the Consulate asking if due to the glitch, there would be an exception to the "not applied for a visa" rule for AVR.

Haven't heard anything back. Will keep this thread posted.

This is what I need to figure before 1.30pm today. That will give me enough time to go to the consulate to pick up my passport.

I am on the flight to SFO. Seems like it worked. If it did it was a breeze. I didn't say anything to the Immigration officer. Just showed him my passport and I 94. And he asked me what I do and y I was here and was I alone. He stamped my entry into the U.S. But I am not sure if I needed visa via AVR or just stamping.

So for those a scared that they shouldn't go for avr due to having applied for a visa I think it should all fine. Hope that helps

OK - I'm going to take the risk that CBP will not deny my entry due to an exception they'll make for this system outage.

Picked up my passport from the consulate on Friday afternoon and they asked me to return with just the passport and I797. Give them 2 days to process and print the visa. They also told me that they didn't know when it would be solved.

Drove from Vancouver to Seattle. Was a very easy inspection. Didn't even have to go in for secondary. It's back to work on Monday and maybe return once the dust has settled on this issue.

I have been trying to spread the word on the use of Automatic Visa Re-validation, but going back to the US and then coming back again will I have re-appear for an interview or just submit my passport?

I checked with the consulate - No interview but need 2 days to process.

Archived