"Possible Visa Services Interruption"

bshakir

There's even a notification on homepage on the canada.usvisa-info.com page that talks about the system outage.

"Possible Visa Services Interruption

The Department of State’s Bureau of Consular Affairs is currently experiencing technical problems with overseas passport and visa systems. This issue is not specific to any particular country, citizenship document, or visa category. We apologize for the inconvenience and are working urgently to correct the problem and restore full operability."

The issue is WORLDWIDE.  I attended visa interview in Merida Mexico on 9th and it is still pending.

The consular officer also dont have any idea when it will get fixed.

Those who will be planning to attend Visa interview next week can expect huge delays as the system is not yet up and already lots of backlogs.

There's even a notification on homepage on the canada.usvisa-info.com page that talks about the system outage.

The Department of State’s Bureau of Consular Affairs is currently experiencing technical problems with overseas passport and visa systems. This issue is not specific to any particular country, citizenship document, or visa category. We apologize for the inconvenience and are working urgently to correct the problem and restore full operability."

More about the issue on the travel.state.gov site..

http://travel.state.gov/content/travel/english/news/technological-systems-issue.html

Visas

• A hardware failure on June 9 halted the flow of biometric clearance requests from posts to the Consular Consolidated Database (CCD). Individuals who submitted online applications or were interviewed for visas on or after June 9 may experience a delay in the processing.
  • The systems in place to perform required national security checks before we issue visas are experiencing technical difficulties. As a result, we are unable to print visas, regular passports overseas, and other travel documents.
  • We cannot bypass the legal requirements necessary to screen visa applicants before we issue visas for travel.
  • As a result, there is a backlog of visas waiting to be processed. We are working as quickly as possible to resolve the issue and to clear the backlog.
  • The technical issues we are experiencing have disrupted or prevented some of the Department’s primary data-share partners from accessing visa records.

I

Can anybody tell me what their status online is due to this glitch? Are you under "administrative processing"? My visa was approved the 11th at the interview but Ive been under admin processing. Im hoping its due to the technical delays and not actual processing.

Did the officer say your visa was approved?

If it was, then it is probably under Admin Processing due to the glitch and their inability to verify your biometric information. I am in the same boat. 

Looks like the passport issue got fixed. Now onto the visa issue !!

Holy ****..Stuck in Vancouver until next week I guess....

Q: How long before you restore full system functionality?

• Overseas passports are being issued.  Public and private sectors experts are working around the clock to correct the problem, but we do not expect the system will be online before next week. 

Bshakir yeah it sounds like we r stuck here. I was trying to get a group together for all of us in Vancouver waiting it out. Contact me via email if u r around. It's a gmail account

khurana.jasjit

@JasK: Thanks for the invite. I came to Victoria for a short trip. No use sitting in Vancouver. Might as well enjoy one of my favorite parts of the world..

More on the issue..

http://travel.state.gov/content/travel/english/news/technological-systems-issue.html

Visa Systems Issues

The Bureau of Consular Affairs continues to experience technical problems with our visa systems. This is a global issue, and we are working around the clock to fix it. More than 100 computer experts from both the private and public sectors across the United States are working on this problem 24/7. That said, we do not expect the system will be online before next week. The problems stem from a hardware failure in a State Department facility in the United States on June 9. That failure is preventing the Department from processing and transmitting biometric data checks at visa-issuing embassies and consulates. We cannot bypass the legal requirements to screen visa applicants before we issue visas for travel. Each visa decision is a national security decision, and we take our obligation to protect the United States seriously.

That's nice. How's Victoria? Am debating going there or a trip to Alberta to the national parks now that they have stated its going to be next week.

However also looking up automatic revalidation program..... So either going back to the U.S. Or a road trip

I got that an email from the consulate with that info. However, i don't think it applies to my case as my visa is expired. :(

I am not sure if you are correct here, AVR will work if the consular officer did not stamp your pasport visa page (Expired or not) with Cancelled without prejudice. Thsi is my opinion not legal advice

I am not sure if you are correct here, AVR will work if the consular officer did not stamp your pasport visa page (Expired or not) with Cancelled without prejudice. Thsi is my opinion not legal advice

Yeah you need a valid I 94 which is on your approval notice. dervish were you able to find my contact info? gmail     @***************

@JasK: Thanks for the invite. I came to Victoria for a short trip. No use sitting in Vancouver. Might as well enjoy one of my favorite parts of the world..

You're definitely a step ahead. I decided not to go for the automatic revalidation. Thinking of a road trip through Jasper and Banff.... Any takers?

I got that an email from the consulate with that info. However, i don't think it applies to my case as my visa is expired. :(

With regards to the expired visa AVR will work. But the million dollar question is Can it be used after applying for the visa during this trip. My lawyer told me to attempt it and it should be ok but I think I will be waiting till next week . Any thoughts?

How many days in Victoria. I heard its like a day trip. Finally rented a car so heading to Jasper now that there are a few days to wait around. Anyone in for a road trip?

Archived