H1B - dropbox eligibility - change of petitioner

sarathcpt

I have a question regarding the the dropbox eligibility (interview waiver) for someone like me who has changed employers. My expired H1B was petitioned by previous employer.

However, when I try to schedule interview appointment through the website AND through the phone they are finding me eligible for DROPBOX and is NOT LETTING ME schedule an interview. The US consulate website says the petitioner has to be the same for dropbox eligbility.  The phone customer support lady of ustraveldocs says that criteria is changed. Eventhough, in the consulate website its still mentioned. I see that in the USTRAVELS website the change of petitioner critera is NOT mentioned. The lady on the phone was saying we should go by their website and not the consulate! Any advice on this ? Has anyone experience similar situation.

I am afraid, if I just go to drobox, they will end up calling me for interview later and then I may not have enough time! So I would rather get done with the interview as soon as I land in India.

Has the rule on petitioner needing to be the same for dropbox eligibility still true or not ?

@sarathcpt,

I really appreciate if you post here about your experience and how everything went after your stamping. I am in the same situation and confused. If you happen to get your VISA stamped in next few weeks, please post here back. This will give me some more confidence on how things are moving along in this situation.

Thanks in advance.

I am in the similar situation. I have tried to schedule an appointment but it does not allow me to do so. My petitioner has changed as well. I have called US Travel Docs and they told me that I need to go for Dropbox option.

I also have another question. My new I797 is effective from July 30th 2015. Does anyone know if I have to submit the documents on or after July 30th or can I go ahead and submit before July 30th?

I am in the similar situation. I have tried to schedule an appointment but it does not allow me to do so. My petitioner has changed as well. I have called US Travel Docs and they told me that I need to go for Dropbox option.

I also have another question. My new I797 is effective from July 30th 2015. Does anyone know if I have to submit the documents on or after July 30th or can I go ahead and submit before July 30th?

Submit both I797s if you go pretty early.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

I have a quick question about drop box visa. Here is my scenario

1. I am working with the same employer for  previous stamp. My Visa expired more than 12 months back. Can I go use Drop Box for my Visa or should I go to consulate to get it stamped. 

Not eligible for dropbox. Need to go for interview.

Archived