All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yuvana

Birth Place change in Indian Passport

Hi 

My name is yuvana. I came to USA on Aug 2011 on H4 Visa. Last year I transferd my visa from H4 to H1 B. 

I born in Nepal in 1986. My father was working with logistics company, My parents were in Nepal from 1984 to 1987. 

After that we came back to India and living there.

In my Indian Passport my Parents has mentioned that my Birthplace is as India.

I have my Birth Certificate from Nepal.

My questions and concerns are

1.What is the process to change Birthplace in my Indian Passport.

2. What are the documents I need to submit to do this change in My Indian Passport,  Whom I need to Contact in USA (Newyork) for this change to happen?

3. If I  start my GreenCard Processing, will there be any issues or RFE 's I may expect because of this change.

3. Or is it better if I go with my Present Passport?

Please help me in this regard.

Thank You
yuvana

If someone changes their country of birth, it is something that could create problems. Country of birth has series implications for Green Card processing and so it is scrutinized carefully with unexplained changes running the risk of being slapped with fraud or misrepresentation allegations unless one documents what happened, what is the truth and how one came to the truth. One would usually be well served in this situation to consult with an experienced immigration lawyer as soon as possible to proceed carefully and to minimize problems.

Yuvana - This is a common issue. You need to get your passport fixed. As long as you have the original birth certificate and the "registration of birth" certificate from the Indian Embassy in Nepal you do not even need a court order to get it corrected in the India passport. Please check link below for candidates who have successfully got their passport changed and also got their green cards processed through cross chargeability.

http://www.****************.com/***************

Edited by MurthyAdmin

Hi Yuvana,

Any luck on your change of birth process in the passport. ? Was there a court order needed for you to change this. Appreciate if you could share your experience. Thanks

1. http://www.passport.blsindia-usa.com/changedob.php

2. Refer 1.

3. No.

4. Get it corrected if that is the true place of birth.

Hi JaiRichi,

I frequently read your posts and answers related to questions on this website and find you one of the most knowledgeable person on immigration. 

I have been trying to get the right answer from people for a question of mine but most don't reply to the post. My question is "During the green card process is it mandatory to have the same place of Birth on the Passport as on the Birth Certificate" ? If not what evidence could be provided as a result of an RFE that arises from this.  The Passport points to a city in India and the Birth Certificate is from a country other than India. I know people question as to why the passport does not have the correct place, it is because a decade ago Indian passports were issued based on 10th marks sheet which often has the place where you live as place of birth and is independent of Birth Certificates.

Appreciate your advice. Thanks

Hi JaiRichi,

I frequently read your posts and answers related to questions on this website and find you one of the most knowledgeable person on immigration. 

I have been trying to get the right answer from people for a question of mine but most don't reply to the post. My question is "During the green card process is it mandatory to have the same place of Birth on the Passport as on the Birth Certificate" ? If not what evidence could be provided as a result of an RFE that arises from this.  The Passport points to a city in India and the Birth Certificate is from a country other than India. I know people question as to why the passport does not have the correct place, it is because a decade ago Indian passports were issued based on 10th marks sheet which often has the place where you live as place of birth and is independent of Birth Certificates.

Appreciate your advice. Thanks

Thank you for your appreciation. There are many members who are knowledgeable than me with regard to immigration.

You will need to get your passport corrected with correct date of birth.

On 6/10/2015 at 10:42 AM, yuvana said:

Hi 

My name is yuvana. I came to USA on Aug 2011 on H4 Visa. Last year I transferd my visa from H4 to H1 B. 

I born in Nepal in 1986. My father was working with logistics company, My parents were in Nepal from 1984 to 1987. 

After that we came back to India and living there.

In my Indian Passport my Parents has mentioned that my Birthplace is as India.

I have my Birth Certificate from Nepal.

My questions and concerns are

1.What is the process to change Birthplace in my Indian Passport.

2. What are the documents I need to submit to do this change in My Indian Passport,  Whom I need to Contact in USA (Newyork) for this change to happen?

3. If I  start my GreenCard Processing, will there be any issues or RFE 's I may expect because of this change.

3. Or is it better if I go with my Present Passport?

Please help me in this regard.

Thank You
yuvana

Hi Yuvana,

I am also in exactly same situation. Can you provide the detailed procedure. Were you able to get the GC using Nepal birth certificate?

Thanks much

Edited by sasi123

Hey!

I'm in the same situation..I have a birth certificate from Nepal but passport has India,how to get it changed...is it an easy process? Are there any risks involved?

Did you get it changed?

Please help