Got 221g, how to withdraw H1B and apply H4

Prabhu0504

Hi,

I got 221g at the US Trinidad consulate, they want to do the background check, but not sure about the timelines, so I am planning to apply for H4 as my wife is cuirrently working at USA. Can I know how to withdraw the H1B application before applying for the H4 interview?

Is that manadatory to withdraw H1B application or H4 application can be processed seperately?

Please let me know and thanks in advance.

As per a quick call with VO on my 221g file , we cannot withdraw that H1 case, if passport with you , yes you can go ahead with H4 if dates available., when they are done with admin process on h1 they will send you an email , you have go to the same consulate to submit your passport to get H1 stamp.

Yes, they had the passport and my original H1B petitions, I took the passport back to get my Trinidad visa extended. And I don't suggest any new H1B's here as they have only one slot available in a whole week. And only few H1B's applied at this location, so I don't suggest for anyone, looks like home country wld have been lot better.

hi, again a bad news they issued 221g white slip on my H4 this morning (June 15th)

@ Prabhu.....I don't suggest to go for H4 interview and they asked all questions relating on my h1 and end of the interview he took H 4 supporting documents with issuing 221g white slip again ....that's all.

Archived