H1B Amendments

Attorney_22

Hi. Please consider the following case and provide your advice.

I have a h1b visa and I was working in New York before our client decided to move us to a new location in another State.

My movement formalities started in early April and I finally moved to the new location in first week of May.

Even though my salary was decreased citing a material change, but it was told to me by my visa team that I don't need an amendment as my case was initiated before the ruling by USICS came out.

Further all other colleagues of mine who moved after me had their amendments done, and I was told that there still is not any decision regarding retro-cases.

My concern now is that I am planning to take a break and go to India where I would need my re-stamping as my visa was extended in February this year till 2016.

Do you anticipate any issues or problem for this stamping. My company's visa team still maintains that there should not be any problem for this stamping.

Kindly advice !!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi. Please consider the following case and provide your advice.

I have a h1b visa and I was working in New York before our client decided to move us to a new location in another State.

My movement formalities started in early April and I finally moved to the new location in first week of May.

Even though my salary was decreased citing a material change, but it was told to me by my visa team that I don't need an amendment as my case was initiated before the ruling by USICS came out.

Further all other colleagues of mine who moved after me had their amendments done, and I was told that there still is not any decision regarding retro-cases.

My concern now is that I am planning to take a break and go to India where I would need my re-stamping as my visa was extended in February this year till 2016.

Do you anticipate any issues or problem for this stamping. My company's visa team still maintains that there should not be any problem for this stamping.

Kindly advice !!! Thanks

• 2 months later...

Hi

Request you to review this case of H1B amendment.

My original petition was filed with a client  and location 1.  Now my employer has filed the H1B amendement, even though my new location is just few miles away from my original location and client, employer and role are still the same.

Now I am planning to travel to India in the month of Nov and have not recieved LCA or H1B Amendment approval.

Can I travel and re-enter to US even if my H1B-Amendment is not approved till the time I come back.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Pulkit

• 3 months later...

Dear Attorney,

I have my original H1B visa petition filed by my employer valid until Sep 2017 and I filed for H1 amendment in november due to the change of project & location and put in premium processing as it was important for me to go to home country. Unfortunately my amendment got denied due to lack of client letter as my client was not willing to provide the client letter.

I am currently in India on vacation and I needed to go for visa stamping. Unfortunately my contract too got ended. What will happen to my original petition? I don't have visa stamping yet.

Please tell me what are my options now?

I look forward to your reply.

• 2 months later...

Hello, I am wondering that if they send Notice to revoke, i would immediately be out of status and might not have enough time to contact your law firm, so i contacted your office today and asked a consultation from you. But they said, they are not aware of which attorney is replying to this post. Can you please contact the receptionist Karen and inform her about your name so that i can consult with you. Thank you and waiting for your reply.

Did you get hold of the attoorney? Please let us know his/her name? My friend is stuck with this issue and has less than a week.

Archived