H1B -Intent to Deny Notice

Suhasini

Hello All,

I have applied for H1B under STEM for 2016, and have completed my Masters in Science from Colorado Technical University in 2012 september.Few days ago, I have recieved an intent to deny notice stating the cause that Colorado technical University doesnt appear to be a public or Non profit US institution of higher education. So they are seeking evidence that the Colorado Technical University has public or Non profit status such as a copy of the school's articles of incorporation that were registered with the Secretary of State or a determination letter from the Internal Revenue Service of the school's 501©(3) status. Can someone please tell me if submitting these documents will help get my H1B approved? Also did anyone had a similar issue, if so, what did he/she do to get the approval.

Thanks, Su.

According to Wikipedia, that institution is a for-profit university.

A degree from a for-profit university can NOT be used for an H1 in the Masters quota. Only degrees from accredited, public or non-profit private institutions can be used, by law.

That means that your H1 WILL get denied.

Yes, if you submit the requested documents then your H1 will be approved.

Except that he will not be able to submit such documents, because that institution is a for-profit university.

His H1 will get denied.

Hi Suhasini

Can you please tell me your email address,i have some questions i want to contact you,your help will be helpful to me.

Why don't you post your questions here. Lots more people who can answer...

Archived