Going for H1B stamping with less than 5 months in my I797 ?

jkag

I am currently in the US. My current H1B visa ( from previous employer ) in my passport has already expired  and I am planning on travelling to India on November 13th 2015 for my H1B stamping. My current I797 expires on April 6th 2016.

I would have little more than 4 months left on my I797 when I go for my visa interview. Will I have any problems with my stamping?

On a side note, my H1b is extendable till 09/30/2017 and my employer would file for extension in 2016.

• 1 month later...

hi gkk/jkag/friends,

I am going to stamping in August with h1 petition validity until Dec 31 2015. I have client letter and all other docs. Please let me know what kind of questions are expected. My employer is in process of applying extension, but will take one or two more weeks to apply. So, cannot wait until new petition. Please let me know if 4.5 months left is ok for stamping..

Thank you!!

hi gkk/jkag/friends,

I am going to stamping in August with h1 petition validity until Dec 31 2015. I have client letter and all other docs. Please let me know what kind of questions are expected. My employer is in process of applying extension, but will take one or two more weeks to apply. So, cannot wait until new petition. Please let me know if 4.5 months left is ok for stamping..

Thank you!!

Any question related to you, your employer and work. You are fine.

Archived