H1B extension --> H4 renewal / H4 EAD application

Hello,

Here is my situation. I am currently on H4 visa which expires on 11/19/2015, as my husbands H1 (I140 approved) expires on 11/19/2015. His company is going to file for H1 extension soon (no premium processing). Should I file for my H4 extension and H4 EAD along with his application (after 5/26/2015) OR should I wait for his H1 extension to be approved before filing for my application.

Please advice. Thanks.

I think you can apply together based on what they mentioned in this link.

http://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/temporary-workers/employment-authorization-certain-h-4-dependent-spouses

"For your convenience, you may file Form I-765 with Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status, or with both Form I-539 and the H-1B principal nonimmigrant’s Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker. However, USCIS will not process your Form I-765 (except filing fees) until after USCIS has adjudicated your Form I-539.

The 90-day period for adjudicating Form I-765 filed together with Form I-539 does not begin until USCIS has determined whether you are eligible for the underlying H-4 nonimmigrant status, whether your spouse is eligible for the underlying H-1B nonimmigrant status, or both."

• 11 months later...

Hi, 

I have a question on filing H4 EAD renewal along with H1 renewal. While filling the form, there is a question (number 18) where we have to enter the primary H1 holder I797 EAC#. Do we have to provide the current EAC# ? Current one expires on October 2016 so just checking if we have to enter existing EAC# or leave it blank 

Thanks in advance. 

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...