USCIS Temporarily Suspends Premium Processing for Extension of Stay H-1B Petitions

khandoba1986

If COE is requested, it would not be considered premium.  My I94 is also till 2017.  The attorney of the new firm I am considering suggested I just apply for transfer (and skip COE) to get premium processing. 

Hope this helps everyone

Hi Guys Do you have any update what comes under premium and what not. I have my I94 valid till 2017. If my new employer files COE and request validity only till 2017 ( as per my I94) do you think it will come under extension or can it go through premium processing?

Please advice.

My attorney confirmed the information amlupaplu provided

It looks like only premium processing for h1b extension is suspended and not all h1b categories are affected. Transfer of h1b to new employer , as long as the new employer doesn't request for extension but just an ammendment to use the existing h1, cap exempt h1b who doesn't require extension can be still done in PP. Hope this clears all of the doubts. Cheers !

Hi, 

I need help on my H1-B transfer case. I am currently working with company A and my VISA/I94 is valid till Sep 2015. I have an offer with a new company B and like to join them. 

I just got to know that USCIS has suspended premium processing till July 27. But from various forums, I got to know that H1-B transfers can be filed in premium as long as extension of stay is not requested. My Visa expires in Sep 2015. Can I just ask the company B to file H1-B transfer without extension, And once the application for transfer is approved, file extension in normal category ? 

Because I do not want to wait for 4 months for decision on H1-B transfer case. 

Please advise. I will be talking to the attorney this week.

I am in the same boat here. My employer has filed only for Change of Employer in premium processing and not for extension since my I-94 is valid till 2017. I am waiting to hear back from the lawyer if this was considered as a premium processing application or not. If anybody has any updates please let us know.

• 3 weeks later...

No H1-B transfer does not automatically take care of extension. It has to be mentioned in the petition as a change of employer plus extension of stay. If there is any extension of stay involved, it will not be premium processed till July 26th.

Hi All,

My H1-B transfer petition (premium processing) to new employer was applied on 25th June 2015 and it got approved on 8th July 2015. I had a stamped h1b visa but never traveled to USA now I have transferred to new employer and will be travelling on the new petition. 

Regards,

Kumar

Archived