EB2- Interview for selling Tobacco to minor

I have interview coming in June 8,2015. My interview was triggered by the case i had in 2010 for selling tobacco to minor while working in gas station on F1 visa. I got an RFE to send the court disposition letter but i was not able to sent it on time. But now i have the court disposition letter and i am not worried about it. What i am worried is that fact that in interview do they only ask about my RFE case and disposition letter or dig in further like what was your status while selling tobacco, Were you authorized to work, and about employer and all other things not related to my RFE.

Can someone please share the experience. Thank You in advance!!

Jairichi and Rahul412- Thank You

Will I not be in trouble saying I worked on cash on F1 visa. I worked on cash and I was planning to say that I was just volunteering. I don't know what do I do now. I just think that if I say I was working then I might get in further trouble because of not authorized to work in a F1 visa. 

Jairichi and Rahul412- Thank You

Will I not be in trouble saying I worked on cash on F1 visa. I worked on cash and I was planning to say that I was just volunteering. I don't know what do I do now. I just think that if I say I was working then I might get in further trouble because of not authorized to work in a F1 visa. 

You can try to lie and if caught be ready to face the hand of law again.

So, you worked illegally. On F1, you can NOT work in some gas station.

Why in the world did you work illegally???

That is what is going to be an issue.

And you of course have to state the truth. A lie would only result in a lifelong ban!

• 2 weeks later...

Have an attorney analyze the impact of the unauthorized work on the I-485. Whether or not it is a problem depends upon the duration of the employment and whether it happened before or after the last admission to the US prior to filing the I-485.

This is always an issue when people get caught selling cigarettes/alcohol to minors. Typically, the criminal charge is small enough not to interfere with the ability to adjust status, but, there is the separate issue of the unauthorized employment. The offenders here are often in F1 status---a period in their lives where they feel like they need to make a bit of extra money, and are just young/foolish enough to not appreciate that they are risking their immigration status by engaging in that work. 

Don't make up stories that no one will believe---you are hardly the first person to be in this situation. I have heard all sorts of variations of these excuses...just watching the cash register while a "friend" ran an errand/went to the bathroom etc. But, then, how would one know how to run the cash register/credit card machine etc. ??? 

While adjustment may still be possible, depending on the factors mentioned above, people who are found to be lying in a USCIS interview are barred from all immigration benefits.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 years later...