I 765 form question Q-16

jagadish9

Hi

I am on I-140 and beyond 6 years of my H1 extension and planning to apply H4 ead form for my spouse. I Have Question reagrding the form.

Please let me know what can i fill the status on this question in the form as i didn't find the right instruction under my category

q-16:Go to the “

Who May File Form I-765?
” section of the instructions. In the
space below, place the letter and number of the eligibility category you
selected from the instructions. (For example, (a)(8), ©(17)(iii), etc.).

any help would be greatly appreciated

I guess so. here is what i found in uscis website

Under the rule, eligible H-4 dependent spouses must file Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, with supporting evidence and the required $380 fee in order to obtain employment authorization and receive a Form I-766, Employment Authorization Document (EAD). USCIS will begin accepting applications on May 26, 2015. Once USCIS approves the Form I-765 and the H-4 dependent spouse receives an EAD, he or she may begin working in the United States.

Under the rule, eligible H-4 dependent spouses must file Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, with supporting evidence and the required $380 fee in order to obtain employment authorization and receive a Form I-766, Employment Authorization Document (EAD). USCIS will begin accepting applications on May 26, 2015. Once USCIS approves the Form I-765 and the H-4 dependent spouse receives an EAD, he or she may begin working in the United States.

H1B or H4 is not even listed.

I765 is filed for EAD irrespective of your status if you are eligible for. But USCIS still has to confirm whether applicants will be using this existing form or updated form which is about to release.

Remember, if you submit the old form USCIS will reject your application. So wait till USCIS announces it officially.

Hello Jagadish9,

Answer to your Question 16 -  8 CFR 274a.12 © (26)

Thanks

Hi

I am on I-140 and beyond 6 years of my H1 extension and planning to apply H4 ead form for my spouse. I Have Question reagrding the form.

Please let me know what can i fill the status on this question in the form as i didn't find the right instruction under my category

q-16:Go to the “

Who May File Form I-765?
” section of the instructions. In the
space below, place the letter and number of the eligibility category you
selected from the instructions. (For example, (a)(8), ©(17)(iii), etc.).

any help would be greatly appreciated

Archived