lost my EAD card, but I have H1B receipt, can I renew my driving learner permit?

stephy.sk

Hello, 
I am on my OPT, it expired in may 12,2015 
But I just received my H1B receipt number, and I updated my i20, so the cap gap automatically extended to sep30, 2015. 

So, yesterday, i brought my new i20 to dmv and wanted to renew my learner permit (it expires in may15,2015). But the stuff said I have to have my EAD card to renew it. I told them I lost my EAD card which expire next week. So, I brought the new i20, and show them my OPT got extended They said they cannot do anything about it, I have to have my EAD card, and they tried to trow away my learner permit, and said i don't have authority to drive, even its not expired yet. Then I asked, if I can find my EAD card, but it expire in few day, by the time I go there, it will already expire, so can they still help me renew my learner permit. And they said they don't know!!! But I have to bring my EAD card. I asked if there any exceptions, or can I bring my receipt or anything form to show them, but seems they don't really know. 

I want to ask, what should I do? Do I really need my EAD card to extend my learner permit, even it expires? 
Please help me!!!

Archived