Changing job after I140 approval, is it good move considering rumors on EAD for 140 or all eb categories becoming current?

h1michigan11

I am on 8th year of h1b, I got a good job in same location Iam currently working with 30% hike in salary, my I140 approved in eb3 with current employer. Future employer ready to file in eb2 soon after I join, this may take 1 yr from joining to get i140 approved, if everything goes well, i am hearing from friends and in immigration forums that dhs/uscis will soon announce EAD for 140 approvals or some even saying in forums all eb (India) visa categories will become current soon. 

Do you see this coming ? I am ready to drop this offer and can wait if these are true ( EAD / all eb India categories current), please give me some clue or advice on this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What is your current PD? If your current GC filing is in EB3 then it will take significant amount of time for you to get GC.

My suggestion would be to join the other company, file for GC in EB2, port your current priority date. You will have a better chance to get your EAD. Yes. It might take close to a year to get your 140 approved. (paperwork, advertisement, Perm, 140). Make sure you do the 140 in premium processing. 

Given this 1 year timeframe to get your 140 with new employer, weigh your current situation whether you will get a EAD in one year.

Archived