Petition not found while stamping - Need urgent help !!

h1geek2015

Hi,

I am in urgent need of advise and don't know what to do. I and my wife had our visa interview on April 28 at Kolkata Consulate. We both are applying for H1 b visa. We have been in US for the past 8 years and we both have our I140 approved .We work at the same company and our full time employees. The VO asked few questions to both of us and took our passports (both old and new)  and copy of our I797 and told us that he can't find the petition in his system. Nothing wrong with our petition its their internal problem. He told us that the system would be updated in a day or two ..hopefully may be the same day. They will let us know if additional documentation is required. No other information.

Its been 2 days and when I checked the visa status online it has gone into administrative processing for both of us.

Has anyone been in this situation ? How long will this take ? Anything to worry ? Can I don anything to speed this up ? The VO didn't mention about approval. Please help !!

Thanks in advance..

Do NOT Worry. This is called the PIMS verification. USCIS (Department of Homeland Security) which issues our petitions will have to send over the information to a database in Kentucky Consular Center. This is used by Consular officers (Department of State) to rapidly verify the document we give.

Status will change in a day or two.

For more info:

http://www.dhs.gov/recommendations-improve-petitioner-information-management-service-pims

Thank you everyone for your replies. I called the DHS today and they confirmed that both mine and my wife's petition is uploaded in PIMS. She was not sure when it was updated and also not sure what else might be holding up the visa. Keeping my fingers crossed and praying hard. Does anyone know that the status changes immediately after the petition is uploaded on PIMS or does it take more time ?

Thanks in advance..

Thank you everyone for your replies. I called the DHS today and they confirmed that both mine and my wife's petition is uploaded in PIMS. She was not sure when it was updated and also not sure what else might be holding up the visa. Keeping my fingers crossed and praying hard. Does anyone know that the status changes immediately after the petition is uploaded on PIMS or does it take more time ?

Thanks in advance..

The issue is due to PIMS not being updated for you. It should be fairly quick. Relax.

Hi, it seems the PIMS is updated. I called DHS on Thursday and they confirmed that. Any idea for the delay ? Usually do you know how long it takes after the update ? Not even sure if the PIMS was present already at the interview or was updated after that. Thanks in advance..

The issue is due to PIMS not being updated for you. It should be fairly quick. Relax.

Hi, it seems the PIMS is updated. I called DHS on Thursday and they confirmed that. Any idea for the delay ? Usually do you know how long it takes after the update ? Not even sure if the PIMS was present already at the interview or was updated after that. Thanks in advance..

Archived