Can I renew my EAD based on valid I-94 ?

hi, 

Spouse Visa : L1-B expires in Aug 2015

Spouse I-94 : expires in Aug 2017

My visa : L2-B expires in Aug 2015

My I-94 : expires in Aug 2017

My husbands company suggested that since there have been a lot of rejections for L1 -B visa's , he should continue working based on his valid I-94 to avoid any rejections .

1) Now My question to you is , Can I apply for renewal of my EAD based on I-94 ?

2) Does renewal of EAD depend on Visa extension (L1-B) , or on I-94 form ?

3) If I can , What are the documents required for renewal ?

4) What is the process for renewal ?

Thanks 

• 3 months later...

hi, 

Based on the above response I had applied for my EAD card on May 3rd 2015 , there had been a delay of over 90 days and after a lot of inquiry , USCIS mailed request for evidence on August 6th , which i received on August 14th 2015.

they have asked for the following which states : 

1. Submit a copy of your spouse's Form I-94, Arrival-Departure Record, which was issued upon arrival in the United States as well as any form I-797 Approval notices issued for any extension of stay. Also, please submit a copy of the principal's (Spouse's) notice of action (Form I-797) approval notice for form I-129.

2. Also , i had forgotten to mention it earlier my EAD expired on August 6th 2015

3.My question to you is , does I-797 & I-129 are same forms ?

4. My husband has two forms I-129 which states is valid from 2001 to indefinitely , &

I-129S which states the date of employment from August 7th 2012 to August 6th 2015.

5. Does this form I-129 determine if i should be getting an EAD Renewed card ? is my employment directly related to my spouses I-129 form ?

5.Since USCIS is asking for two document I-94 which is valid until July 2017 and I -797 , does his I-129 cause any issue for EAD RENEWAL PROCESS ?

6. if so, guide me to a solution where i can process my EAD to work , is submitting my I-94 not sufficient ? 

7. Also , will there be an issue for my husband to work based on an expired I-129S by USCIS due to the request of my evidence ? .

8. His company stated tat we could legally stay on I-94 and work on so . 

kindly guide me through scenarios and situations that can help me start my "suspended" EAD process 

also the last date of submission of EAD doc is November 4th 2015

What would happen if i did not submit my documents ? they say my application would be declined ! does tat mean i would not be allowed to apply again ?

Kindly help !

Regards,

Jerjees 

• 3 years later...