brother B2 visa rejected reapplying

harmeek

My mom and brother applied visa together Mom Visa approved but they Rejected brother visa . My brother is married and have two kids but was applying alone with mom as my mom cannot travel alone . Plus my sister in law and kids didn't have passport

During interview they didnt ask anything to my mom but asked below question to my brother.
Interview date : 19 march 2015.
VO : How long you are going 
Brother : 3 weeks 
VO : What do you do
Brother : GOvernment job Assistant engineer in Power development department
VO : Why you going alone 
Brother : Kids as school they cannot accompany me 
VO : What your salary
Brother : Rs ABC 
VO went to other window talked to some guy came back and said we cannot give you visa this time bt giving to your mom.
Brother : My mom cannot go alone 
VO : Should i reject her as well.

I think we did one mistake in DS-160 we mentioned he is paying for his trip instead of me sponsoring him or may be they denied as he is applying with his family not sure .
we are reapplying 15th April as i have function at my place in USA end of may and i want my mom and brother to attend .

So he is reapplying and my sister in law and his elder son also got passport . As of now he only applying again so not sure whether he should apply again alone or with his wife and elder kid as younger kid still not have passport.

So should he apply alone or with family and this time in DS160 will mention I am sponsoring his trip. Last time i gave him all sponsorship documents bt didnot mentioned in DS-160 and VO didnt ask any question to him.

Please help

There is nothing called sponsoring visiting visa, forget about it.

Let him do it by himself, if not take the help of an exp attorney.

How you can say there is no sponsorship for visitor visa as in DS-160 it is mentioned who is sponsoring your trip. I sponsored my mom and they asked her my financial documents. They didn't ask anything to my mom about her financial status or income as she is homemaker she cannot self sponser herself bt she got visa ..so on what basis she got visa...

Which visa you can sponsor  ?

First there is no sponsorship for a visitor visa. Your brother should consult with an attorney before going for another interview.

How you can say there is no sponsorship for visitor visa as in DS-160 it is mentioned who is sponsoring your trip. I sponsored my mom and they asked her my financial documents. They didn't ask anything to my mom about her financial status or income as she is homemaker she cannot self sponser herself bt she got visa ..so on what basis she got visa...

I think the mistake would be if you mentioned that you are sponsoring him. Let him apply on his own.  It is not the consulate's responsibility to assure travel for people so  if your mom cannot travel alone that has nothing to with   visa approval. Maybe that reason given by your brother did not go well with the VO.

A non-immigrant cannot sponsor any kind of US visa. How can a  guest (non-immigrant) sponsor someone when his stay in US is not permanent?

A person applying for visiting visa should demonstrate that he will come back from US after the trip, if he doesn't have enough funds to sponsor his trip and dependent on the person who is currently in US, how can he prove it??

Your mom got her visa, because chances of getting settled in US are less for her compared to your brother who is young and can find a job in US easily.

there is a difference between sponsoring visa and sponsoring trip.. 

Paying for the trip is not "sponsoring."

And an I-134 is not even enforceable. So this whole sponsoring stuff is irrelevant.

What matters here is more likely the ties to the home country.

there is a difference between sponsoring visa and sponsoring trip.. 

Yes I agree with you I just mentioned I am paying for his trip..if he doesnt have sufficient funds.. they can say brother is paying and he has sufficient funds as i am showing all my bank statements and other required documents. I am paying for my mom thats why she got visa..

So I think when we say sponsoring visitor visa means paying for trip...and any one can pay for any one's trip....

My brother attended visa interview again today and VO officer approved his visa now its showing administrative processing I think within two days it will changed to issued...

the difference between last time and this time is ...this time he mentioned I am paying for his trip..

Archived